Other Chrome New URL Bar Feature Missing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dae314, 19 May 2011.

1. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

According to this and other articles I've read chrome 13 is supposed to have a feature that allows users to kill the URL bar. There's supposedly a flag that I can select when I right click on a tab as long as I've got one of the canary or chromium builds for chrome, but I can't find it =x. According to the article when I right click a tab I should find an option that says "hide the toolbar" but nothing's there >.<'''.

Does anyone else have chromium or canary? Can you find where the flag's supposed to be?

Screenshots:
    My Chromium Version
    no flag where the article said it should be

My Canary Version
    no flag where the article said it should be in canary either

:confused::confused::confused:

2. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

I have it, I'm running Chrome 13.0.767.1 dev-m (the latest developer release)

In the address bar, type about:flags, and then enable:
    Relaunch Chrome, and you can right click on a tab and "Hide the toolbar"

Hope this helps.

BTW, none of your image links are working.

Dae314 likes this.
  3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

A bit OT, but one of my pet peeves with Chrome is that the default URL in the address bar isn't pre-selected. Makes no sense considering the address bar has focus by default, which means I can't just enter a new URL.

4. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

@Manic

Thank you very much, that worked. I'm not sure why my screen shots wouldn't be working (they show up fine for me). Maybe imageshack has a region lock so only people from the US can see the images. It's ok, the issue is solved I'll take down the images and give you some rep for the quick and accurate reply :thumb:

edit:

hmm... I also noticed a new print preview thingie that I never saw before :O. Too bad it doesn't run on chromium b/c it lacks the pdf plugin, but canary's got a nice print preview page now :D. I've been waiting so long for that. The new new tab page looks kinda weird too ^^

Last edited: 20 May 2011
  5. TheManicGibbon

Glad it worked :)

The new tab page is indeed weird, it also has a function where you could swipe to move between the Most Visited page and the other ones(...not sure why they're called "Foo" and "Bar" though...) like you would on a tablet, but I just checked and it doesn't do that anymore :/ must be one of the build updates.

6. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

According to wikipedia foo/bar is used as place holder names in programming.

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Unsurprisingly, those place holders have their origin in the term FUBAR. :)

8. TheManicGibbon

I knew I'd heard it somewhere, couldn't quite remember where though. Thanks!