Other The Worst Game You Own

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LeMaltor, 20 Oct 2011.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Got to agree with Brink. Had so much promise and failed to deliver in every respect. L4D2 is not a part of this though for me, I've had so much fun playing with friends it's almost criminal :)

Forza 3 is there as well. I absolutely effing loved Forza 2 and then pre-ordered Forza 3, like any sane person would. I went and got it on launch day to find improved graphics, better handling, improved decals feature better marketplace, great start! Then i find that the entire structure has been completely removed from the game making it a simple case of 'Here's some races, do what you like. You can use this calendar thingy but it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever and is clearly a last minute desperate move after complaints during beta phases.' **** you Turn 10.

Ultimately though the crown must belong to that most famous of shite games - Diakatana. It's still in the loft somewhere in mint condition, no idea why I kept it though.

2. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

+1

OMG...why of course...I'd forgotten all about this...

3. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

Heavy Rain.. so much effort to do something, christ.
    LA Noire pre ordered it, got 2 missions in and gave up bored me to ****.

4. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

double post :(

5. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

World of Zoo. Got it in the steam sale as part of the THQ complete library. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to all the other THQ titles, I thought my girlfriend might enjoy it because she played Zoo Tycoon. Zoo Tycoon is not very good, this is worse.

6. Deders

Deders Modder

Scrapland, No 2nd hand shop will take it.

7. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Well there are alot of runner ups for me, but thh by far the worst game I have ever played has to be Sniper - Art of Victory. I can say with confidence (Though I wish this was not the case, poor devs) it has no redeeming quality's what so ever. I mean how can a sniper game be so bad that it is in fact impossible to actually snipe, since when does a head-shot leave a target fine and dandy, and since when do bullets curve (OK lets not get technical)?

I don't give up on games, even if I don't enjoy them. However, Sniper was the exception.

IGN pretty much sums the game up: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/930/930345p1.html

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Far Cry 2.

9. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Alone in the Dark on the 360 - What a complete bork of a series that I loved when I was a younger man. Nice fire, but the game was truly awful.

Two Worlds - probably the worst RPG I have ever player (Two Worlds 2 though, is great - nice comeback!).

Dragon Age 2 - it's not the worst RPG I have ever played because it is no longer an RPG! Turned into a simple hack and slash. Not even the voice of Captain Janeway could save it!

Castlevania Lord Of Shadows - truly, truly awful.

There are probably many more that I have blocked psychologicaly to prevent damage to my overall karma and well being!

Last edited: 21 Oct 2011
  10. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Battlefield bad company - just hate the while experience and the game engine.

Sent from my GT-I9000

11. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

+1, though I still have my copy. The only game I've binned was Titan Quest, useless bugged P.O.S. I also know that BentAnat actually snapped his copy in half out of frustration! :grr:

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

King Arther the Role playing wargame - proof that you can waste £2 in the steam sale (though I was in absolute fits of laughter at how bad it was)

To whoever said GTA IV - you must be mad!

Last edited: 21 Oct 2011
  13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Bioshock - I completed it and hate it. I still don't trust Joe's reviews after that game. The reviewers all got caught up in a fap fest over the developer and the world they created and completely forgot to mention that the game play was non existent after the first level.

FarCry 2. - Getting the bus was more fun than driving in an open world game. Says it all. Another game where the reviewers forgot to mention all the flaws. I actually took this back to the shop and demanded a refund because it was that bad.

Borderlands - I bought this in a steam sale based on all the positive feedback it had on here and it was utter pish. It was a perfect example of a bad console port, you had to modify the engine to make it playable and the graphics gave me a headache. Poor gun play, an interface that was barely legible and difficult to navigate with a keyboard and mouse and infuriating level design.

Anything made by Bethesda. - I enjoy the games but they are always horribly broken and buggy. We gamers should really boycott them until they learn their lesson as they are the worst publisher in the world for releasing broken games.

Bad Company 2 - Again I bought this as it seems to be regarded as the essential PC shooter of recent years on this forum and I got three levels into the single player and was hugely dissapointed. I haven't played it since.

14. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

For me it has to be Brink. It is utter rubbish!!! I tend to enjoy most games, but this one was just unbearable to me.

15. October

October Mariachi Style

Single player is indeed pish, take it online. I played one level of SP, got utterly bored, went online and have since lost about 4 days to it.

16. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

The emboldened part was your mistake with BFBC2. It's highly regarded on the bit forums, but I can't recall anyone here talking about the singleplayer beyond "Eh I didn't bother" or "It was forgettable."

BFBC2 is about the multiplayer - And it could've been released without the silly singleplayer campaign for all I cared, even at the same price; for the sheer number of hours I got out of the game online.

Now, that's not to say you'd definitely rate the game any higher if you tried it online; but really it's just one of those games that shouldn't even be considered in terms of its singleplayer campaign. Those of us who harp on about it are talking about the multiplayer.

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I really enjoyed this (and also the sequel). Thought the storyline and voice acting was excellent - at the time it was quite unique. Played it through on the 360 and then the PC. PC version was a bit buggy at the time, but this was probably more to do with the problems nVidia were having getting Vista drivers working properly. I was thoroughly engrossed the first time round and the Splicers still give me the willies!

Another game I played through on the 360 and then the PC. I enjoyed the 360 version more purely because I played it through in co-op mode. The failings were more than mad up for by comradery! I played the PC version with a 360 controller, and didn't have any problems. I agree it's not so good as a SP game, but I still pick it up and play when I have an hour to kill.

Fallout 3 has probably sucked the most amount of time I have ever spent on one game. I played this through on both the 360 and the PC - I think that I enjoyed the 360 version more, but this may be because I run that through a projector. Bethesda games tend to be so epic that I can forgive the odd glitch.

Out of all the non-serious online PC shooters, this is may favourite. I still play this a lot when I am not playing Arma 2. The PC version is much better than the 360 version, but I still play that too with friends when the mood takes us. Shame they never brought Onslaught mode to the PC as that is a lot of fun.

Just goes to show though that games are marmite!

18. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Pah, none of those are really what you'd call rubbish. The most rubbishest game I've played sits on many shop shelves, cheap as you like to try and entice you. You will rue the day you thought, "Yeah, why not? It'll be a laugh". After playing it though your thoughts will turn darker. The game I'm on about is "Medieval Games" for the Wii. A truly awful game. Please don't ever buy it and if someone buys it for you ask if they have the receipt.

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

The common theme is a disappointment at games which have been hyped. ;) I have put ungodly amounts of hours into the Fallout Games and tolerated all the bugs and crashes but when I got a complete game breaker in NV which prevented me from completing the game on the final mission I threw in the towel. My time is too precious to play a game for that length of time then ultimately be cheated.

The really annoying thing is that publishers now think its acceptable to release games in these kind of states because we still buy them.

20. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Fair enough - that would have hacked me off no end too! I had a couple of situations like that in NV where I had to go back a couple of saves to get something to trigger, but it just taught me to save a lot. I am so into the atmosphere of those games though that I perservered, I probably wouldn't have if it was something else. Similar thing happened in GTAIV - I liked the game and enjoyed the story, but obviously not enough as the glitch happened at the end of one of those 3-sequence missions and I could not be arsed to go back to the beginning again as the first two parts were a bitch to complete!