1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows help on ntlrdr is missing windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Software' started by lynx96, 4 Mar 2012.

1. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

hi everyone i done a fresh install of windows 7 and where you pick the drive you want windows 7 tyo be installed on i formatted the c partition i wanted and i also formatted system reserved and i have a second hard drive connected when it was installing on c partition then it beginned installing on the c partition all went well then created logon account logged in ok then next day i disconed the second hard drive not windows 7 hard drive and i connected a empty hard drive to the second sata port on motherboard for more space connected then when i turned on the computer with every thing connected properly i got an error that said ntlrdr is missing i tryed using the windows 7 installation disc to repair computer then pressed start up repair searching for problems atempping repairs then it said cant repair this computer automaticlly then i tryed command prompt with the following commands bootrec /fixmbr said successfull then tryed bootrec /fixboot then bootrec /rebuildbcd then after all that ntlr is missing then i connected up the drive that was connected when i installed windows 7 and i booted that drive and it said startup repair or start windows normal i tryed start up repair that did not work so i tryed start windows normally then the computer restarted and loaded firts drive ntlrdr is missing press cntrl al to restart so any help on solving this problem any help will be appreciated sorry for writing every thing

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Try using punctuation next time. It was a real chore reading your post. You have learned why you should only have the primary drive you are installing Windows on connected.
    Since it is a fresh install, it will be faster to reinstall instead of repairing the error via recovery console. I advise you to just start the install again, with ONLY the primary drive connected. This way you can ensure Windows places the boot files on the drive they should be on.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

This dude/dudette doesn't use punctuation. EVER.

4. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

this problem can actually result from a hardware problem its essentially saying the kernel could not be loaded try checking the hard drive for io errors memory for errors can you boot a linux live disk try installing ubuntu and see if it boots try memtest x86 which comes with ubuntu windows 7 also have a memory testing tool if you can run that

Also try understanding the above paragraph, then relies it's hard to do.

5. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

sorry for not using punctuation and thanks, for advising me on how to install windows 7 thanks on reply.

Shirty likes this.
  6. Deders

Deders Modder

Also is your bios configured to boot from the drive with the boot loader on. It may have reconfigured itself when you attached the 2nd drive.

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Aargh!

Giant wall of unformatted text does +10 damage! :p

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

LOL.