1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Satan Claus is Coming to Town 2012! - $1000 Prize!

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGreatSatan, 26 Aug 2012.

1. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

Like it says, Satan Claus is coming to town!

[​IMG]

I want your sob story

I want to know why you think you deserve the top prize. What has life been like for you this year? I know you have a computer, but has it suffered? Are you using a dinosaur with a CRT and rockin’ Windows XP?

I want to know!

I will pick the contenders. It could be five or it could be ten. Then those chosen will have their sob stories posted in an entirely new thread, where you will vote for the winner!

The only prize is the biggest one I have ever given away!

The winner, chosen by the community will receive an entire PC build worth just over $1000!!

What is the prize?

AMD FX4100

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103996
    Asus M5A97

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131767
    8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148543
    HIS Radeon 6670 1GB

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161386
    64GB Micro Center SSD

[​IMG]

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0351760
    500GB Hitachi

[​IMG]

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0375256
    650 Watt Kingwin

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121084
    LG DVD burner

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136247
    Diablotek Evo

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811822001
    Corsair H60

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181015&Tpk=h60
    IC Diamond Thermal Paste

[​IMG]

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7...mond_7_Carat_Thermal_Compound_-_15_Grams.html
    Steelseries Experience I-2

[​IMG]

http://shop.steelseries.com/us/surfaces/steelseries-experience-i-2.html
    Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136247
    McAfee

[​IMG]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832484018
    And a copy of every game I have to give away!

Dirt Showdown

[​IMG]

Borderlands 2

[​IMG]

Two Worlds 2

[​IMG]

Deus Ex

[​IMG]

Nexuiz

[​IMG]

Sonic Generations

[​IMG]

Sleeping Dogs

[​IMG]
    Assassins Creed 3

[​IMG]

And like always you'll get the prize shipped to you anywhere in the world for FREE.

Rules: You have to have been a member of Bit-tech.net for 30 days at the time of this post. And I won't decide the winner, the community will. I will pick my favorite five responses and let you, the community vote the winner
    Last Years Winners, Throbbi and Amev are the only ones not elligible to participate.
    Contest starts now and ends on October 15th and then the voting will begin for 1 week following

Last edited: 10 Oct 2012
  2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Best of luck everyone!!!

3. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Well, I take it I'm not eligible, either.

All I need is one more LCD and a way to figure out how to get XP 32 upgraded to 7 64.

4. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Hm. My sob story - I've stopped gaming.

The horror.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

5. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

:nono:

You shall return, oh yes, you shall return !

6. TheGreatSatan

Once he realizes that women don't want anything to do with him, he'll be back

7. Blazza181

Hey, just 'cos I'm a nerd...

I do admit, I have backed up my games. 'Cos I have a tiny usage cap.

8. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Is this contest only for people with older pc or for everyone with ****** up life?

9. Blazza181

Everyone with a screwed up life. They tend not to have epic PCs.

10. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Ok. My life is screwed and my pc is not epic.

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I didn't really know where to start with this as some people may look at it and think "what's the problem?".

It probably stems back nearly twenty five years ago when I was a witness to a robbery in a shop where I knew the owners. A friend of mine and I used to go into this shop on a weekly basis on a Saturday. They had loads of Amiga games and showcase demos that we used to go in and copy and they had no problems with us doing that. One Saturday, a group of guys that went to the same secondary school came into the shop and proceeded to steal around a dozen Casio portable TVs at about £150 each.

The following decision cost me a great deal of my youth, reoccurring nightmares and various court appearances, broken nose, court orders and such. I did what I thought was right and told the owners. In other words, I squealed and have regretted it ever since.

Now, as a grown man who has managed to always return back to my home town for one reason or another, I still look over my shoulder. I know of one of the antagonists who has been in jail for a lot worse crimes and another who was killed by an escaped mental patient. Karma I suppose. Sounds awful to say it but I'm not sad about it.

However, that one event and the subsequent repercussions have affected my mentality in regards to making decisions. I struggle on a day to day basis to make up my mind on things that could affect my family and myself to the point where I procrastinate over everything and put off the inevitable to the detriment of my career. Even when I am in "a good place", I continue to not be satisfied and struggle to see good where there's an outcome.

I'm on three different types of medication for blood pressure and hypertension and, with a family history of blood pressure problems and angina, the life insurance I have been paying out for over the last ten years is redundant if I die by anything heart related. I'm currently dieting and I've lost two stone over the last year and have kept it off with another two and a half stone to go. I have to do it though as I have three kids (one of which I was estranged from for nine years because I did not know where she was (my ex was very difficult) although I still paid a stupid amount of child support. When I didn't, I was taken to court and threatened - I'm all up to date now though) and a gorgeous wife.

My family is my everything but I continue to find ways to escape into "The Matrix" due to... well... to be depressed. Not necessarily clinically but I certainly can't cope with life sometimes and I game, watch movies and read just to keep things sane. My wife is awesome and is really understanding about my issues. My kids, although noisy and at that "stage" between 1 and 3 are great. I don't take out my frustrations out on them. I have been given work-appointed anger management sessions which have brought out all of these feelings that I really don't know what to do with.

Money issues have sprung up since what were supposed to be promotions ended up being promotions without pay rises. I do more now for less money and my bonuses are weighted against me. The PC in my signature was part of that issue but I don't go out drinking (a throwback to those school days where I COULDN'T go out) and I don't do drugs (anymore). My salary now is the same as 13 years ago.

In short, the PC would be an upgrade to my wife's MacBook. It's an old G4 and she runs Photoshop on it. I say run but that blasted beachball is on the screen more than her work. As she is trying to launch herself into a freelance illustrating career, I want her working on something that she doesn't have to squint at to see what's going on. My wife has a degenerative nerve issue in her left eye. It's called Addies pupil and there is no cure. Basically, the retina does not expand or contract so the right eye has to compensate by being small most of the time where the left is wide open. This will mean that her vision will impair over time.

Anyways, please excuse me. As Throbbi said, it certainly is strange to write out all of this and this is before all of the replies. I hope you guys and girls don't mind if I don't write any responses myself.

Good luck to everyone and a special mention to TGS. Hats off sir.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2012
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Good luck all, what a brill guy TGS is :thumb:

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I shalln't complain about my situation as it's not that bad at all. My PhD machine is on it's last legs, but I still have my gaming rig (I just didn't install office on it, so I can't do work on it :D )

The very best to all entrants to this, life gets better :)

TGS, you're a Rep harvesting machine with a heart of gold :D

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

An excuse for me to be a whiney so and so? don't mind if i do!

Gotta warm up the only fingers before i get down to this one it could take a while

15. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

Major rep for this

16. TheGreatSatan

We are off to a good start

KidMod-Southpaw likes this.
  17. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Question: Are we just doing this year or are we doing life story or the issues leading to the problems we have had this year?

18. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

I'm not eligible, but here's my story anyways.

I've already won a computer from TGS. It's my sig computer.

However, I've got a brother who just bought a new house, and is going to college. So, he really doesn't have much money to spend on really nice things.
    Currently, all he has is a Toshiba laptop. It'll last him a few years, but it is no powerhouse.
    If I get this computer, I will give it to my brother. He could use a powerful computer.
    It'll also make a great joke about how much money I spent on computer hardware.

Seriously, though, when the phrase "How much did you really pay for it?" becomes commonplace, you know you're doing something right.

Still, a legit copy of Win7 would be nice to have.... *whistles*

Did I ever say why I won the a lot of the sig stuff? It involved a 478 P4 3.0.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2012
  19. TheGreatSatan

Doesn't matter. Look in the mirror. Does your life really suck? Did something happen recently or years ago that made it that way? Just tell your story and the community will decide if you're worthy

20. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

My life... actually... doesn't really suck. I'm married, have a great wife and my daughter was born last June.

My gaming life though... has been horrible...

...for all the same reason.

I was an MMO junkie, BF2/BF3 player, CS competitive clan player, I owned and completed over 30 top PC games between 2005 (college grad) and 2009 (got married), I had upgraded my gaming box nearly every year, had major time for overclocking and modding....

...then 2009 I got married. A few months after that, we moved to a different city. She went back to school. I lost my job for a few months. We moved again to a new building within the year. Then I got a temp job. Then another (better) job was in a different town so we moved again. then I went back to school. Wife got pregnant right after her Master degree. I'm still part-time school and take care of the baby. One after another. After another. After another.

My PC was not upgraded for the longest time (still rocking that 8800GTS640MB baby!) and was decommissioned last year after we moved to our current apartment due to lack of space, and simply no time to game at all. Without gaming, it just sucks too much power, I'm now working on a 7-yr old Acer laptop with C2Duo and 1Gb of RAM with a dead battery (constantly plugged in) and 200Gb of storage. At least our hydro bill isn't as bad.

*I NEED A NEW PC*

/sniff
    /sob