1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Satan Claus is Coming to Town 2012! - $1000 Prize!

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGreatSatan, 26 Aug 2012.

1. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I have a new sob story.

AVB is the Spurs manager.

/the horror.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

2. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

3. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

Ok since i asked the question earlier ill put my bit in for the prize. We will start around 2004 on my first tour to Iraq. Before leaving for Iraq my wife and I were having serious marriage problems. She was a compulsive hoarder and bi polar who refused to go to the doctor to get meds to help her out. 1 example of her hoarding problem, one day i get home and the house is a disaster (as normal) but i finally get fed up with it and decided to clean up a bit that night I removed 52 black 55 gallon trash bags of stuff from the house. The next day I removed another 32 bags from the house (mind you this is a 1 bedroom studio apartment). I was in the national guard ( which she constantly tried to talk me out of) and received orders to Iraq for 18 months ( 6 train up 12 months on ground). I go to the base i was ordered to and my first paycheck was a no pay due. I called my command to see what the problem was and I found out that the only bill she was paying was the rent. The job i left before being called up I was making $14 and hour and working 60 to 80 hours a week. So where was all the money going? I never did find out where all the money had gone so I had to get a loan from the military to make it to the next pay day. The next pay day I got a pay check for about $400 it seemed that there was a debt that I owed to the military that she created that i didn't know about it. It took several pay days to get that all straightened out before i started receiving a regular pay check. So off I go to Iraq. After several months in Iraq she made no efforts to contact me but was still taking money out of the account, she was generous enough to leave me a $100 a pay day out of the $400+ i was getting for what ever i needed thought. So i contacted a lawyer there in Iraq for the military and had to go through the trouble of changing all my checking accounts and closing the joint account that we had together so she no longer had access to my money. The lawyer had told me what I needed to send her a month per military guidelines so i had to get a joint account with my mother so she could send me her a check once a month according to the rules. More on that in a bit. Around November I was working on a Armored vehicle and had to disassemble it to fix a wiring problem, and another soldier and my self were moving an armored door (weighing in excess of 250 lbs) to get it out of the way. He was walking backwards and tripped over a pallet in the floor and dropped his end of the door while I was left holding the rest of it. I went to medical the took a look at me for about 5 min and handed me a bag of pain killers and muscle relaxers and said were not going to medivac you out because you unit is rotating out in 3 months they can take care of you when you get back stateside just come back when you need more meds. Well after 3 months i get back to the U.S. and find out that my wife had up and left with no explanation and had done god knows what with everything that I owned. On to the next part we were doing the out processing thing that everyone does when you get back from a deployment and I went to get out of a friends car my legs gave out on me and he had to pick me up and put me back in the car to take me to the Emergency room. I get to the emergency room and they give me meds and do a MRI. The MRI shows I have 2 herniated disc in my back. I go back and report to my commander what the situation is and they put me on a medical hold. Medical hold is a place where they are supposed to help you get better and determine if you are fit to stay in the military. Well i get shuffled back and forth to about 20 different doctors before they send me to a neurosurgeon. The neurosurgeon confirms that i indeed have 2 herniated disc in my back and suggest epidural steroid injections in to the spine along with physical therapy. I go through 3 sets of injections over the next few months along with therapy with no success. The doctor says that he could do a spinal fusion but would not recommend it at my age (26). Now about this time they are trying to shut down this branch of medical hold (it was costing the army to much money) so they bring in a doctor to start getting rid of people. He gave me a choice after 9 months of being on medical hold that i can either stay in the army or get out, so i choose to stay and he gives me a paper that says im fit for full duty no limitations. After this i finally find a job doing recruiting for the army which was a desk job not much physical activity so not to much of a big deal. I can live with the pain as long as i don't over exert my self. After about a year I decided that since i was "Fit for duty" i wanted to go active army. I go back active army with not to many problems and a job change from being a mechanic to a desk job everything was ok for the moment. We were out doing physical training in a field which had rocks (our school was in the desert) and i mentioned to one of the instructors that this was not a good place to do exercises but he didnt listen so we started any ways. When it came to sit ups i tried to look for a good spot and picked the best one i could find, while doing sit ups i hit my lower spine on a rock sticking up ( the same place that had been injured before) and quit doing sit ups and informed the instructor that i need to go to see a doc. He sent me to medical and I talked to the doctor he gave me a bottle full of muscle relaxers and pain killers and a limited duty paper and told me to come back when i needed more which occurred several more times during the 8 months i was there. After the school was over I go to my duty station and everything is about the same back hurting all the time and all. One day i was doing inventory in the back of a truck and went to get out, well I tripped over a cable that was in the floor and instead of falling flat on my face i landed on my feet. Well when i landed my legs gave out when the pressure hit my spine and it was another trip to the emergency room. I drive my self to the ER and after an hour of waiting i finally get seen I had pulled all my hip flexor muscles (the didn't bother to check my back) they medicated me as much as the could legally and tried to get me out of pain but could not so they gave me a bottle of pain killers and muscle relaxers and sent me home. A few days later I went to sick call complaining of my back pain and was sent for another MRI, it showed that there had been significant degeneration in between L4/L5 L5/S1, well they thought that a chiropractor would be the answer so i see him for several months with no relief. It is finally my time to change duty stations so i get sent here to Miami. I go to the doctors here and get the normal "here are some pain killers and muscle relaxers it will get better" this happens a few times. They finally send me for another MRI and then to pain management which starts with the epidural steroid injections, I got a total of 8 before i told the no more. Now the doctors finally decide to send me to a neurosurgeon, he sends me for another MRI and finds that the disc between L4-L5 is only 1/8th of an inch thick and pressing on both sciatic nerves and the disc between L5-S1 is also herniated in towards my spine. So I go in FEB 2012 for surgery they put 4 screws and 2 titanium rods in my back to fuse L4-L5 and pack bone paste in to L5-S1. After recovery all seemed fine until about 3 months later i start having pain around where they did surgery. They "Think" there is scar tissue growing around a nerve but don't know what to do about it so I am back on pain killers and muscle relaxers. That's that part of the story I have issues with chronic daily headaches, Migraines, and cluster headaches. I have been working with a neurologist for the last year on them and they are some what controlled on medications. Well I tell the Neurosurgeon about them and he orders a MRI of my C spine come to find out C2-C6 are all herniated to some degree and a few of them have bone spurs on them. To top it all off the MRI also showed that there is evidence of disc herniation in the T spine also.

Well to sum this all up this means that after dedicating 18 years to the military I may not get a full retirement or any retirement from the military I may only get a settlement from them and it will not be enough to take care of my family. These issues are also degenerative not to mention I have tendonitis in my shoulders (both of them) and bursitis in my left hip along with a muscle tear. Hopefully I will get something from the Veterans administration to help me out to pay the bills when the military gets rid of me as I am no longer useful to them.

P.S. Hopefully that makes sense.
    P.P.S Please excuse the lack of basic writing structure i did it in the quick reply box.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2012
  4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Pffft.. you should meet my mother.

Joking aside, sounds like you've been **** on from a great height. Military isn't a place i'd want to be.

5. TheGreatSatan

I was in for 11 years, so I know where you're coming from. I also injured my knee and have more than 50% cartilliage loss in each one, but spent many years ignoring the problem. I was bored to death of the military and just got out

Elton likes this.
  6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

i have just spent the last hour writing about why my life is crap.

And to be honest, i have had a really **** past. The fact my mother is 3000miles in one direction and my father is 5000miles in the other does not bother me any more.

I have not spoken to either of them for quite some time and thinking about it, I'm not at all bothered. Wether that is a good thing or not i'm not sure.

I will be moving in with my gf on Saturday and am very happy with where I am at the moment. the house i have been working on for the last 12 months is nearly finished. My gf and I are as happy as ever, work is going good for me at the moment and I have my health and confidence.

After spending the last hour dwelling on the past, all I would like to say is look to the future never the past and if there is something you don't like about your life, do something to change it. I took it onto myself to make some personal changes which has been a lot of hard work to change, but i've done it and I would never look back.

Good luck to everyone who TGS nominates and I hope the prize is going to the right home.

7. Mechh69

Well I know the feeling I started out in the USMC and got tired of competing with back stabbers for promotion in a dead end MOS so i got out. The funny think is I really missed the commodore so I joined the National guard and i mostly found it there. After being in the National guard for 8 years I realized i spent more time on active duty than i did as a traditional guards man so i decided to go active Army. Well after i was injured as a mechanic i had to change to a desk job to qualify and that really hurt changing jobs as an E6 as i had no experience in the job i was going in to. So now that I have been up for E7 since 2005 I am competing against people that have been doing their job for their entire career (which may be only 6 to 7 years) but I have 18 years experience but only 13 active. The E7 board is now centralized which means they have a bunch of E9's looking at your record for 5 min max and making a keep or crap pile and whittle down from there. If everything is not perfect your record goes in the crap pile with no explanation why . If it goes in the keep pile a group of about 6 E9s look at it for another few min and decide your fate. Unless you lie on your evaluations and walk on water no promotion for you, as they have promoted to many people in my field. So im stuck on the medical thing and trying to make it to retirement with out getting totally screwed. Not to mention when i got to this duty station i got tired of giving all my money away for rent and decided to buy a house. Then the AC went out and there went another 5K for replacement ( had to borrow money from the parents as the house took all the savings). Then a few months later my car decided to die and ended up having to buy another car on top of the other car payment we already had. On top of that we had very little furniture for the house so there went another 3K so we could have a living room and dining room to use. The only reason i have the computer I have now is i saved some money from my 2nd trip to Iraq from my allowance. Now i find out that I have herniated disc in my neck along with bone spurs, and degenerative disc disease, and herniated disc in my T spine and degenerative disc disease. Along with unknown fluid, bursitis in my left shoulder and tendonitis in both shoulders not to mention bursitis and a tear in my right hip. Along with arthritus in my knees, hands (so bad i can hardly hold coffee in the morning), neck, and back.

So do you get any help/disability from the VA or do you live in another country? If so I am curious how your experiences with the VA are so i know a little better to look forward to. You can PM me if you dont want to talk in open forum.

I want to sincerely thank you for your service to your country and all the sacrifices you and your family have made.

I do want to thank you for listening to me rant/enplane my situation. I don't really consider it a sob story just part of my life story I did leave out a few parts that I will fill you in, in private if you wish I don't think it is appropriate to discuss on these forums.

Respectuflly
    SEMPER FIDELIS
    Mechh69

Thank you to my brothers and sisters in arms no matter where you are dead or alive you will always be remembered and appreciated by those who come after you. YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

P.S. Sorry for the WALL of text again.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2012
  8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'll be honest. My life isn't bad. Sure I've worked since I was 12. I never really had any friends because I was always out working and when I wasn't I had control issues with the parents. But in all reality, it's given me a huge shed load of skills and abilities most people in my age group would never have or even contemplate about having. That in itself is worth it. So while I would like to win a new computer (having always had to scrounge around and try to find the best deal for everything) I don't think it would be fair of me to include myself in the drawings.

What I will do though, is wish whoever wins a life with better fortune and conditions. So TheGreatSatan. My hat goes off to you. You are truly a kind soul and I am baffled and inspired by your generosity. May peace and prosperity be with the winners and the givers alike. :)

Mechh69 likes this.
  9. TheGreatSatan

Is that three entries?

10. Mechh69

Kinda surprises me too but maybe they looked at the 2 walls of text I put up and got scared off.

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yes :duh::sigh:

Good luck to everyone entering and an extra large slice of Karma cheesecake for TheGreatSatan :rock:

12. TheGreatSatan

They'll come...

I added another game

13. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Hell year I'm in. Stupid not to

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Not much of a sob story Kovoet. :waah:

15. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Il start off by saying i am not going to enter the competition.

I think we probably all have some sadness & trouble in our life at some stage or another, and im no different from the next man.

Good luck to all those who enter, and speaking on behalf of the Bit-tech community (if i may) Thank you TGS for your generosity.

16. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Was a Try. On a more serious note what about a school to sponsor in Africa or somewhere so more than one person gets a benefit for it.

This guy deserves a damn medal though

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my career is a sob story, i'll type it out later.

18. TheGreatSatan

Added Mouse mat

19. Mechh69

I looked at your profile and noticed that you work at a computer store, what do you do there and do you enjoy working there?

20. TheGreatSatan

I sell individual components. We have AMD and Intel processors, over 100 video cards and any other thing you can think to put in a case, including the case.

Love it