1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Satan Claus is Coming to Town 2012! - $1000 Prize!

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGreatSatan, 26 Aug 2012.

1. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

I decided that I will not enter. I just can't share my problems with rest of the word.

This is my cross and I'll carry it. I do not want people to feel sorry for me because of my life.

I thought I could just write everything and everything will be ok,but there is too much undesired emotions that I hold inside myself and I don't want fot them to come out.

Thnk you,TGS,but I will have to pass this giveaway. ;)

Teelzebub likes this.
  2. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

+1

I find it rather distasteful for people to post their personal misery for the amusement of someone and others even if the prize is substantial.

There's a lot I could write but If I wanted to I wouldn't do it for a prize it just seems wrong.

Kinda of reminds me of bum fights, where you get tramps to fight for a few quid...tgs has money and he's using it to exploit people.

I don't believe anyone on a tech forum has it that hard and there are more worthy charitys you could give it too.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2012
    Teelzebub and Carrie like this.
  3. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I don't think he is trying to exploit people I think he would rather give something to someone that is down on their luck or going through a rough patch in life or it may be a push for someone to get their feelings out. I entered because it gave me a outlet to get everything out and let go of a few frustrations. I don't feel exploited but it was a nudge to get me to actually talk about what was happening in my life. I have seen him give away numerous things on the forum the last couple days without any restrictions or strings attached.

4. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

I've gone the charity route before. They'll turn around and sell it to someone else to make a cash profit. I'd rather give it to someone I know doesn't have the funds for a PC and actually needs one.

I don't think anything less of Throbbi for coming clean with his problems.

5. Mechh69

I forgot to mention this computer will go to my wife. She is currently working off of a 5 year old dell laptop. I think it is on it's last leg I have already replaced the HD once and it runs extremely slow. Yes it has already been dumped and reinstalled. Let me tell you a little about my wife. She is a loving and caring person she loves children and is a giver. She is a stay at home mom but has had her fair share of medical issues (she is in the hospital now trying to get rid of a migraine she has had for over a month). Now besides being a stay at home mom she is deeply involved with the Young Marines, specifically this unit. She is the adjutant of the unit, which means she does 95% of the paperwork, she is responsible for keeping up with the kids record books, keeping up with the kids ribbons/awards, what hours the kids volunteer in the community, their attendance, what fund raising activities the kids attended, if the kids are up for promotions, their physicals, Physical training test scores, the kids testing for promotions, she is also responsible for setting up events for the kids to participate in I.E. feeding the homeless, cleaning up streets in the community, color guard events, working with veterans, and helping disabled and less fortunate kids, as well as working with the Marine Corps reserves collecting toys for tots. She is known around the Unit as Mamma Hood, she treats all the kids as if their her own and talks with them about their problems at home and in school. She dedicates a 150% to the program and would dedicate more if I would let her. So she would use the computer to mostly to help run the program and for personal use also.

The Young Marines is a national program and also found in a few different countries. Their main goal is "Strengthening the lives of Americas youth". They are a Drug Demand Reduction program but they also teach team work, responsibility, leadership, living a healthy life style, decision making, and what i think is most important is Self confidence and continuing education. There are units around the country and some others around the world. They are not a military recruitment program but it will assist your child if they are interested in the military and if not they are encouraged to continue their educating and give back to the community.

Mechh69

6. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Heartbreaking sob story here!! I just ordered a g840 because i cannot afford a 3770k! Send me the prize now TGS!!

7. TheGreatSatan

One month left

8. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

My sob story is quite pathetic in comparison. I bought a 3g dongle off ebay for going on holiday with, didn't test it for a few months as time away was delayed a few times and found it didn't work at all when I finally came to need to use it.

9. Trak

Trak What's a Dremel?

HELP!......My 'ol rig is dying a slow painful death....XP is no longer handling my needs.....the socket939 AMD athlon can't keep up....and 512MB isn't enough RAM .......

10. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

You don't count.. :read:

11. 666painkiller

666painkiller If only....

here goes....my pc has just went bang!! havin to use wifes laptop...wife very ill in hospital got infection after 'easy' op......home alone as either at work or at hospital visitin....even my 2 dogs are not here..... they have gone on holiday to parents...did i mention i am home alone?
    i have a ~@~@ liver....due to not bein able to break down fats....also low imune system....
    had to sell ps3 to pay bill so we could eat....been married for too long but the only plus point is that i have beautiful wife who puts up with my pc habbit......do i need to say more?...
    quit smokin after havin a tumor removed from my leg..can post pics if proof needed.
    would love a family but not to be so i am the big kid in this relationship.
    also donate to 2 charities via work per month...

12. 666painkiller

did i mention that my dogs are both rescue dogs? one of them was locked up in a cage for 6mths until we got her.....

13. Mechh69

I hope your wife gets better I know how it is living between the hospital and work. Did you do something to mess up your liver or is it something that is hereditary? How did you quit smoking? i need to do that too.

666painkiller likes this.
  14. 666painkiller

also only got a black and white tv as can not afford colour..............

15. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I have a ton of problems in my life and I'm without a gaming PC these days but reading this thread there are many, many people with much worse problems than I have and they are more deserving. But I just want to say that TheGreatSatan quite possibly is one of the nicest, kindest people on the forum for what he does for people. May the love spread :D

16. TheGreatSatan

Nine days to submit your entry

17. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Dont like to think of it as a Sob story but this is how things are at the moment.

- Mum's epilepsy came back hard after being bullied at work and can no longer work or do everyday things. has a support worker with her everyday to help her and care for her if she has an episode. Prior to this she was a strong independent woman that would do anything she wanted to put her mind to. 2 months ago got diagnosed with Multiple sclerosis (MS), she has extreamly weak bones due to an allergy to calcium. THis has also caused alot of broken bones during her epilectic fits throughout the last few years.

- My Fiancée has been battling chronic fatigue syndrom since we met 3.5yrs ago, had a terrible case of Bells Palsy earlier this year that had the left side of her face paralysed and droopy for 4 weeks. To this day she still encounters some numbing feelings in that area.

On a good note we are getting married in 5 weeks. However last week the doctors believe she also has the onset of MS. And in an extrordinary piece of timing, her ex husband and biological father to our 2 children has reduced child support by AU$400 a week despite CSA advising him not to, so now we have to battle that thru legal process. These 2 bits of news dont exactly have her in the greatest of spirits. Her escape from it all at the moment is finalising plans for our wedding which cant come soon enough.

On the tech side of things her Desktop crashed early this year but was no dramas as i recovered all the stuff off her HDD, and I got her a laptop last year to get by going thru the Police academy. Which got her thru with flying colours, where she won the award for best in squad physical and training skills (self defence, shooting & appropriate use of force skills). This laptop is on its way out and the poor thing last night was in tears as it takes 5min to just start firefox let alone load a page. All she wanted to do was skype call her Mum in the USA and it took 25min to get the call going (this is immediatly after i cleaned up the registry and essentially decrapified it.) She is begging me for a new desktop. We cant afford one at the moment with wedding expenses and are already cutting our honeymoon bk to 3 days.

So we are going thru a pretty big rough patch at the moment, we will get by. WE have a wedding to look forward to, but to see the two most important women in your life struggling is not to much fun.

18. TheGreatSatan

Thank you for your entry

666painkiller likes this.
  19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

This is pretty perverse tbh. I could essentially make up a ton of ******** for monetary gain as you have so few entries now. I have a very, very **** existence currently but I'm not going to write it here and ham it up so that it looks 'better' as an entry.

All power to you TGS, you've done a stellar job on these forums but I can't see the point of this one or how you can be sure you're not being sold up the river..

20. TheGreatSatan

I don't care. I'm basically donating a grand to whomever the boards decides is the winner