1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Odd GPU problem (Completely fixed by using GTX660)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bodkin, 23 Feb 2013.

1. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Are all cables to monitor in good condition and not damaged??? Very strange.

2. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Just went back to Scan, who were great, and changed it for a GTX660. No problems whatsoever now and computer is running great. Very odd!

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I had a similar problem with one of my XFX 7970 DD, I sent mine back and got a refund.

Second time this has happened with XFX, so will not buy another graphic card by them.

4. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Yep, same here, had a XFX 4870 x2 that was awful as well. Will stay well away andI must say my AMD experience has not been amazing as a whole!

Still Scan have been fantastic so its not been to hard to fox. Lucky I live near them!

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That's one of the good things about living in the North West, I live around a 30 minute drive from them so I always drive there because it's far easier to deal with them face to face rather than over the phone, that is one of the things I like about them compared to allot of other places is the fact that you can see things being tested, if you say it's faulty.

Glad your issue got it sorted though.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

its XFX - dont rate them at all for video cards tbh

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yep, I've given up on AMD/ATi as well. (Laptop 7970M's were flawless, why the desktop is so bad, I don't know. It was enought for me to sell the other and go back to NVidia!)

Wish I was so close...Well actually, if I was, I would probably be in there everyday haha. :D