Windows Windows refuses to install with error 0x80070570

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by arachan, 16 Jun 2013.

1. arachan

arachan What's a Dremel?

Hello,

So basically I'm trying to reinstall Windows 7 because I figured it was time for a reinstall, was working before but I felt like it was getting a bit slow.

So I made a bootable flash drive with the Windows 7 .iso I've always used and booted it, selected x64, ticked the "accept" box, deleted my old partition and made a new one, and Windows insisted on adding a 100MB partition before it which I seem to have got around somehow up til now.

It zips through "copying windows files" in a few seconds and then once it gets to "expanding Windows files" it only gets to 4% (every time) and gives the "Windows cannot install required files... 0x80070750".

What I've tried (nothing changed, same error each time):

• Different HDDs. My main one I'm trying to install onto is a 120GB SSD.
    • Different RAM configs. I have 2x 4GB sticks of RAM normally. I've tried each seperately, and a single 2GB stick from another computer.
    • Resetting the BIOS.

Other problems, not sure if related:

• When the computer first turns on, sometimes it will spin the fans up, reset itself, spin the fans up again, then go to POST as normal. This happens most times I turn it on.
    • I tried a Windows 7 DVD made from the same .iso ages ago and got the same error. Not sure when the disk was last used so might be scratched etc.
    • I tried an old Ubuntu DVD, came up with a similarish error when I tried to boot it live. Something along the lines of "cannot load files" or something.

I'm tearing my hair out here not knowing what to do. Very frustrating. Any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2013
  2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

try a different dvd drive, or sata cables

Last edited: 16 Jun 2013
  3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

0x80070750 = CRC Error
    Some of the data is corrupt, either on the flash drive or when its copied to the SSD.

4. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Replace you sata cables one at a time. And re install.

5. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

I'd try a different image.

6. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Try a new disc/image, new cables. I had this last year on my PC and it turned out to be a dodgy cable.

7. arachan

arachan What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies. I just tried a different SATA cable from my other computer in a different SATA port and got the same error. I'm downloading a new image from here now which says it's going to take 2.5 hours.

Any other suggestions?
    Cheers.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2013
  8. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

While it may not be related to the install issue, the reboot before post doesn't sound good. If you have a spare PSU laying about, I would swap it out to see if that problem goes away. Alternatively, it could be a sticky power switch on the case. Regardless, I would definitely try to solve that power up issue so it doesn't lead to other problems.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2013
  9. arachan

arachan What's a Dremel?

So I solved the install error by redownloading the iso and using that. Not sure how my ex-trusty iso got damaged but oh well.

Agreed that it doesn't seem good. No spare PSU to test with though. I noticed sometimes when it does get to the POST it says "overclock error" or something, I do have a slight CPU overclock in the BIOS. Also my PSU is only 440W which seems low, although I tested my watt usage under load and it was only around 200W.

Cheers.

10. stjimmy69

stjimmy69 What's a Dremel?

Its not a SATA error, its an issue with the file you downloaded. Try re-downloading the image.
    If you get the same issue on another machine/using a different USB with the same image, its an issue with the image.

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

:read: