News EA wins accolade for LGBT working conditions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 16 Dec 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

/troll.

In all seriousness I think this is really great. But also to be expected, because lets be honest the gaming community I'd say is fairly welcoming. Going to the I-series you see all sorts, and even within Bit-tech we have a fairly broad group.

Well done to EA, and hopefully we will continue to see the gaming industry push forwards on being ethically brilliant.

3. Artanix

Artanix Minimodder

have you played any games like LoL, DOTA2, FPS games as well etc. Those communities are as toxic as it comes. There's even a thing in LoL where a kid got arrested for the things he said in game. I also get kicked from BF4 servers a lot for being in a jet and being good at it.

Although, in fairness to the topic, those toxic people don't discriminate on who they're being an ass to. I guess that's progress?

4. Lance

Yeah I have played FPS games and LOL. I am quietly happy with Microsoft for putting in bans for people with bad language over public chat on games because of the amount of headset warrior 12yo's out there.

I think that generally though the people who are hurling abuse don't actually give a damn, they're just shooting abuse, which is different to having actual hate. As you said in the 2nd paragraph its non-discriminatory abuse for psychological competitive reasons.

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

As a PC gamer, the best thing I did was find a well moderated clan. No no-nonsense, perm bans for abusive behavior after 2 warnings. Every one has a bad day ;)

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

If insults are based on gender, sexuality or age there should be no warnings. Your mother, on the other hand, is fair game. :naughty:

7. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

There should always be warnings but they should come from their mother and at the age of 3...

P.S. I never found 'your mother' to be fair game as her prices were extortionate. :)

8. Lance

Ooooooooooo Shirty he dissed yo mama.

(have we derailled this thread?)

9. law99

law99 Custom User Title

The last time I turned on the heaphones and microphone in an online game I had to open a firefox urban dictionary tab to decode the amount of horrific abuse I was receiving.

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

We've gone from "Won't somebody protect the children" to "Won't somebody protect US from the children"

11. Bede

Bede Minimodder

What's that? One more reason to avoid EA produce? Jk

Tags: Add Tags