Other Canadian Lancaster Airshows

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Haddock, 29 Aug 2014.

1. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Blistering Barnacles

For those of you attending airshows this weekend the Canadian Lancaster V-RA ('Vera') will not be attending due to the failure of the starboard inner engine (BBC News) and is currently in the hanger at Durham Teeside Airport.

The Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (home of 'Just Jane') are shipping one of their flight certified Merlin engines to Durham to replace the failed engine on 'Vera'.

Hopefully the weekend engine replacement will go without any problems and 'Vera' will back on flying duties next week.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yes, know about this and highly upset. Will be at Bournemouth tomorrow although i have seen both while at Eastbourne. The last time both will be in my area of the woods will be for Goodwood Revival.

Sam

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Luckily I managed to see it fly overhead when it was on it's way to that do at Durham Tees Valley Airport...

But given the age of it the fact it flies at all is probably a minor miracle, look at the Vulcan and the ballache they have trying to keep that airborne/airworthy

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Managed to get this at Dunsfold last weekend:-

[​IMG]

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

They sourced a replacement engine from BBMF in the end due to logistics. Glad they didn't use any spares from Just Jane as she needs ever spare she has if return to flight is going to happen.

6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

So jealous you got to see them both. Me and a couple of friends almost made a three hour detour on our way to a festival last week to see both lanc's and the Vulcan do a flypast, but in the end it was just a bit too far out of the way.
    Still, we did get to see XH558 a few times over the weekend, nothing like sitting in a field getting toasted with your mates, watching a Vulcan fly around :)

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I'm gutted that they are not coming past Newcastle, if I drove I would have been to one of these shows. The Lancaster is my favourite plane (probably from watching the Dam Busters as a child) and the Vulcan just wowed me when I saw one parked up at an air craft museum aged maybe 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

If you're lucky, you might be able to see it being nailed back together at Durham Tees Valley airport today.

9. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

We went to Wrests Park last weekend - saw the Lancasters do a flyover, and then saw the Vulcan as we were leaving. Very impressive!

Tags: