1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards ASRock bringing it - ITX X99 board!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 13 Mar 2015.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Full story here

Couple of compromises naturally, only dual channel memory, but really, who actually cares about that?

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

WOW!!! The socket is mahoosive. LOL.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ohh, looks good - at first glance.

Probably best to stick to a 4790K maximum for an ITX build though, right? Then you have comparatively more overclocking headroom.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm assuming the fact that it uses the narrow version of the LGA2011-3 socket means that you're going to be boned if you wanted to use a AIO cooler? If so, that's a big shame.

Other than that, it looks awesome. DO WANT.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

dam! nice one ASRock! :O
    making the big boys look bad! :p

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I want one, for no reason other than the fact that it exists.

Otis I think ASRock is on if the big boys these days, last I checked it was only behind Asus and Gigabyte. I was an early adopter of ASRock boards back in the early 2000s, and although they've got it wrong a few times I reckon they've nailed the innovation and pricing strategies over the years.

I'm surprised they haven't moved into GPUs yet.

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

What is with the dual Intel Nics? I mean, yeah, I'm sold... I'd buy one if I had the spare cash. **** yeah.

U is a mod these days? Thumb up

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

whilst standard fittings wouldn't work, it's nothing a few cable ties couldn't handle :dremel:

9. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

EK Waterblocks has a waterblock mounting bracket for LGA-2011 narrow-ILM

[​IMG]

10. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

At least the bungle a cooler with it. I never thought I would see this but it's pretty awesome and I doubt anyone else will do similar.

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I love ASRock, but there still an underdog in my opionon. Just not quite on the level of Asus ect in terms of super high end boards. But ASRock mainly target people with my price range anyway (£100-150) and id be happy have one of there boards if they got there dam colour schemes right lol.

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Honestly AsRock's boards have been pretty solid once they broke past the P35 era. Their P67 boards were excellent for the price and performed admirably, the X58 stuff wasn't bad and their recent Z77-Z97 boards have been so far excellent in terms of price/performance.

13. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Nah they've not been an underdog in a longtime, they're quality and performance are first class - ASUS whilst great boards aren't the be all and end all, they just tend to hold the premium price tag.

I'd take an AsRock or Gigabyte board over an Asus or MSI board any day (that comes from hands on experience).

With reference to Colour Schemes remember the Asus mustard yellow and gold??? :sigh: :duh: :hehe:

14. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Wonder if they used sodimms they could have fitted quad channel on it

Nice though!

15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

I love black white shemes which are very very rare!. MSI did a krait edition which looked stunning for £90 with great overclocking for the money but had massive performance problems overall.

Asus ROG's all look sexy in there red/black which start at £135 with there Ranger z97 and there new all white board.

I with they would have snap off bits that can be swapped to suit your own scheme.

Dont understand why brands wont do a all black... everything blacked out. It would fit with everyone's setup then and look badass.

16. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

This was my thought too but I don't think there are any DDR4 SODIMMs yet are there?

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not sure about Gigabyte. Lately their boards have been a bit lackluster.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I hate my decision to buy X99 DELUXE, pretty much all ASUS X99 boards are horrible when it comes to booting (nearly all cold boots ends with freezing durring POST/boot, and not just for me - just look around for the ASUS X99 threads).

19. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Wish intel was still doing there motherboards :(
    they may of not looked like much but they where ultra solid, intels testing far surpasses anyone else.

20. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

ASRock always seem to have interesting boards. Years ago I had their K8 Combo-Z: a board with a Socket 754 AND Socket 939, so you could upgrade your mobo without buying a new CPU, then buy a new CPU without upgrading your mobo, right across a socket transition.

This is tempting, but I'll probably wait until Broadwell/Skylake get some more details. If there is a noticeable IPC boost it'll probably be worth going for that over Haswell-E.

At least mounting an AIO on the Narrow-ILM socket is easy with a basic mounting plate.