Motherboards Power dropout and reboot ?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Kehoe, 1 Apr 2016.

1. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Hi guys, Random one, really hoping someone out their can help,

my pc has been running fine all day, been on division all day, turned pc off went to get a take away, Came back and now when playing games or watching tv, it random Turns off *as in power loss* then turns back on and says windows did not shut down correctly,

I've been keeping an eye on temps and they are around 30-40 ish depending on the game, I've even turned on the Graphics card fan incase its a temp issue.

Any suggestions, Diags i can run, ideally without stripping the entire pc down.

Seams really odd its worked fine all day the the last hour started to do this. Its like someone has unplugged it and plugged it back in. Rather annoying.

Really hope someone can help

Rich

*ps the last thing i did prior to this issue was install GWX control panel to get rid of the windows 10 issue.

2. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Have a look in Event Viewer under Windows Logs > System. There 'maybe' something in there.
    Else try running memtest.

3. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Theirs allot of info in this, A few Critical and a dew errors around the time it lost power.

4. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

Critical's would be the one to look at, errors are not that significant

5. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

i'll post my results in the morning to tired and annoyed to look at it now lol, i hate PC's lol cannot for the life of me get why its suddenly doing this.

6. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

7. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

That just indicates that there has been a crash and the computer has booted up again.

What were the HDD errors?

8. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

just page erros on a old 500GB i've removed the HDD and its still doing it, i've ran UXD diags and that found nothing either.

Starting to think im going to have to strip the PC down, but issue is i cannot RMA the board unless i no its the board :(