Blogs The games industry needs to learn when to let things end

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 Jul 2017.

1. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I think Mass Effect Andromeda's problem was actually Mass Effect. If it was a different IP all together, it would be a pretty serviceable sci-fi shooter/rpg. As it was, the weight of expectation to succeed was insurmountable; It was never going to be able to live up to it all.

As it is, I had a lot of fun playing the game. I just glossed over all the story and the entirely 2D characters. I really enjoyed shooting stuff.

Another thing to note too; I think its all too easy to get carried away with criticising MEA. True, it had some issues, but there are a lot worse games out there that seem to escape the mob unscathed. (I'm looking at you Destiny aka; grind-a-thon)

liratheal likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean i can pretty much guarantee at least one friend will be down to play at a time so it's always fun. I also enjoy playing a quick ARAM on LoL solo while listening to music or watching a stream on the other monitor. I just feel like single player games take too long to ramp up i suppose. With a multiplayer game i pretty much know what to expect straight away. The last single player game i played was GTAV on release and that was because i got it 4 days before launch so i couldn't play multi with any friends.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

While I agree, I can't seem to put Destiny down right now..