Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Kitchen fitter has now postponed for the third time, it’s for the final measurements and additional work costing, not the fitting at least.

it really doesn’t seem to matter what work you are getting done, nor recommendations, no one seems to ever turn up on time or date agreed.

New bathroom took a week to get done, then a 3 week wait for replacement sink and cistern which were damaged - somehow they never noticed (this all being after they had delayed the original appointment by 3 weeks)
    House currently has one half of the gable end wall painted, painter ran out of the colour and has had to reorder (4 weeks ago). This was to rectify a poor job from last year.
    I have a stair and hallway sans carpet, ordered from Tapi 9 weeks ago still no sight of it. (Lifted the old carpet to get the hallway painted, thinking it will only be a couple of weeks).

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

No but things have developed here that have made me want out.

Pete J likes this.
  3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Just had another interview and honestly it was probably my worst performance on a interview ever.

Got stuck in work till 3:50pm and the interview was at 4pm, so had basically no time to prep etc before the interview started.

Not feeling confident about that one at all.

Confidence has also been knocked down a few peg's because, out of the other interviews I have had, I have not heard a single thing back from any of them so in my mind it's a case of not getting a offer from any of them and then I go and bomb this latest one due to not having time to get prepared due to where I work now.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not "ruining", not by a long shot. More "really pissing me off".

My COD: Warzone account has been shadowbanned. I can log in, I can access the menus, but I can't get into any matches at all. It just sits there and hangs while searching for a match. Apparently this is what happens when you've been shadowbanned.

Of course I'll never find out why I've been shadowbanned - that's kinda the point of a shadowban - or what they suspect me of having done. The irony is that they take bugger all action against actual cheaters who are actually ruining the game - those guys are more than welcome. Someone who's done nothing wrong though? Totally fair game for a ban, apparently.

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That happened to my brother in law, we played it for a few hours a couple of week's after it launched and he was "Shadow Banned" and the only way we knew was that it wouldn't find a game, it just kept increasing the "Ping" that it was searching for a game up to something like 400ms.

Told him to leave the team and me and our mate found a game in seconds.

Never found out what he "did" to justify it, and he never got a "Ban" message or anything so we all gave up on the game.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Well that's.... helpful....

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I imagine this will be similar to what happened to Battlelog a few years ago when the hackers figured out how to bump their reports onto other people's profiles.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So the job offer that I got on Friday, apparently they don't want to send any information to me about the Employment T&C's until I accept the job offer.

Recruiter called me today and said basically that unless I accept the offer they are not sending anything to me.

So either the recruiter is lying because they want the fee paying that they get or my potential future employer is trying to lock me in to a job that could have bad employment T&C's.

I am leaning towards it being the recruiter playing games here in trying to make it so he is guarenteed the "Commision" but if I have not received anything by Wednesday morning then I will be telling them "No" and won't be dealing with the Recruiter again.

Pete J likes this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Usually, recruiting agencies get their money after you get through your trial period without getting fired. At least, that's what I experienced wherever I worked.

This kind of behaviour does sound pretty iffy, I'd say. I like your plan on how to proceed. :thumb:

damien c likes this.
  10. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Tbh, this isnt that unusual from my experience of my field/industry/domain - they'll give you the headline details and expect you to verbally accept before actually sending the contract & T&Cs for signing. If you were to decide not to sign after verbally accepting, then (as far as I'm aware, and i'm not a lawyer) the worst they could do is that they would black mark you for future opportunities with that company? My understanding, is that until you've signed then there is no legal standing.

blackerthanblack and damien c like this.
  11. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Yep, common practice. Nothing is set until a contract is signed. You should never hand in your resignation until you have a new contract in place as they can renege on their offer

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

You just couldn't make this up!

So the recruiter called me today asking if I have received my "Contract" and I said "No, I checked about 20 minutes ago and still nothing", he goes away and comes back asking if some random obscure AOL email address is correct, again said "No, it's blah, I have never had a AOL email address so I don't know where you got that from but it wouldn't have been me", he goes away again and say's "I will pass on the correct email address and you should receive your contract today".

The funny thing is, on the top of my CV is my Name, Address, Phone Number and wait oh what's that MY EMAIL ADDRESS!, on my Linked In Profile is my Email Address!, both the Recruiter and potential future employer have sent Interview invite's in email's to my email address otherwise I wouldn't have been able to have the interview's in the first place, but "Oh no we have the wrong email address for you"

I just don't know what to say :wallbash:

Now I am sat waiting for the "Contract" to be sent through, which at this rate could come after they want a confirmed answer which is by the end of this week, but I cannot give a confirmed answer until I see it and read it over.

13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Got out of isolation Monday, back in work yesterday playing catchup to the maximum!

Meeting I had insisted go ahead last week was rescheduled to today despite me not needing to be there at all (which I reiterated constantly) left me to cover all technical areas on behalf of my team, turns out most of them happen to be on leave this week and had not made that clear to the party scheduling... (funny that!) said I'd do it anyway as I wasn't going to mess them around for a second time despite the meeting likely to end up watered down in content.

Last night woke up and my partner was bent over In pain, ended up going into hospital suspected gallstones. Still their now and not sure when she will be out which forced it to be cancelled anyway.

Positives: Forced time off which has given me some level of clarity, made up some time working from home with no commute, saved diesel and money being home the majority of August so far...

Negatives: People taking the piss to make me do their work so they have a slow quiet week before their holidays....

Hoping for some normality back soon.

14. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Wife sold our range cooker on eBay. We have an extension / new kitchen being fitted starting next week.

I unplug / disconnect it this morning and guy comes to collect and I help him get it into van.

Just get a phone call about how its broken, an engineer cant fit it cause it leaks gas, yada yada yada.

My response: "It wasn't leaking gas when it left here, nothing more I can help you with buddy!"

Expecting normal ebay bull$hite to occur now.

15. fix-the-spade

Bought a folding chair, folding chair has grenaded itself in under 4 hours. I do not think it possible to construct something worse.

Sending back the folding chair.

16. perplekks45

How did it grenade itself? Do you have a video of that?

17. fix-the-spade

It didn't literally turn into a grenade, I think I would have been on the news if it had.

This chair has/had a fabric covering, with a zip to make it removable for washing. Except the zip wasn't a proper zip and when it started to come undone it wouldn't go back together again and the whole thing just zippered open, the padding fell out and that was that. I have never seen a cheaper zip, I have no idea how they did it up in the first place.

18. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

[​IMG]

Just been stuck in a bloody pointless traffic jam on M6 because Police are so bloody stupid.

5 hours to get back from Manchester (2hour trip) to see car that was a bag of bloody nails !

I had just about managed to turn off the junction before luckily but was then stuck on A6 so went even further west (after breaking a rear spring on the crappiest roads in the country) and got up to Lancaster. Apparently the car had left the road and yet they still wouldn't open the outside lan and let these poor sods through.

19. perplekks45

Sounds like they used game development standards as yard stick for their quality control.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They generally put those screens up when there's still someone (or bits thereof) in the car.