Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Nope. That is the V2. I got the V1.

[​IMG]

Totally different panel in there. Same body, I think, but yeah totally different panel.

spolsh likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Wow, it's brand new :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just done a dead pixel test, 0.

spolsh and IanW like this.
  4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Just learnt I passed phase 2 of my Police application. now its onto a 45min competency based interview with a 1 hour written exercise

The_Crapman, IanW, yuusou and 7 others like this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

We went to see The Book of Mormon yesterday. First time out doing "A Thing" in a long long while, was kinda weird. Was damn funny though!

The couple sat next to us were talking about church groups and choir tours before the start of the show, so I assume they were pretty religious. I don't know if they were actually Mormons, but either way I don't think they had any idea what they had got themselves into - they didn't come back after the intermission! :lol:

The_Crapman, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I have just sucessfully used VLOOKUP for the first time in about 3 years, and got it right. My balls feel planet-sized.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You'll **** your pants when you learn about INDEX/MATCH :grin:

I seem to recall that there's some much more powerful xLOOKUP function now... I don't really use Excel enough to worry about learning it...

yodasarmpit, MLyons and Pete J like this.
  8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Just started getting used to index and match but now have use of xlookup

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pete J likes this.
  9. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

1st: finally got to sort out that dead server of mine, plopped RAID controller and drives into my old i7 3770k rig. Huge improvement as that dedicated DayZ Overpoch server running on it loads up in less than half a minute
    2nd: I'm now dating two people. Feels good having accepted being bi and polyamorous, I'm not looking back
    3rd: primary partner is coming for a visit tomorrow. Having fun and going out to pubs
    4th: even more holes in my earlobes

I'm bloody loving this

The_Crapman, goldstar0011 and Byron C like this.
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

My thinking these days is that if I need something more complex than a quick vlookup, then it's going to be way better to slap it into SQL Server and create a proper query. Or chuck it into a temporary data lake folder and fire up a Databricks cluster to write a PySpark query.

But not everyone is a Data Engineer with the knowledge or access to do that kind of stuff! :lol:

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Feeld app is your friend... if you can see past the fake profiles!

12. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Growing, harvesting, drying and now burping my single special silly herb plant then taking all the sugar leaves, stem and previous AVB to turn into canna-butter!

Whether this is a result of the last two years I do not know but I cannot remember where I put my seeds for the next lot...

Byron C likes this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh. Ma. Gawd.

It's like the function I always wanted.

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

On Wednesday morning I was lying in bed idly browsing in the Argos app before I got up to a day of doing nothing (had a few days off).

I stumbled aacross the PS5 section and because I'm vaguely familiar with the internet I assumed there would be no stock. But it let me add one to my basket, said there was stock in my local store and pay for it. It then said my order was pending and I'd get another email with further info later.

I got up and made a coffee, and heard a text pop in. It was a collection code. So I drove to Argos and picked it up.

That was a story about how I didn't really want a PS5 but sort of ended up with one, with no stress at all. Considering how hard it seems to have been for a lot of people to get these I'm assuming I'm quite lucky really. Also got an extra controller, official charging dock, some games and 12 months of Now and Play. First PS I've owned since the original last millennium.

Still haven't had the email confirmation of the order though lol.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'd check into that mate, with Argos the order confirmation email is your receipt.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Oh I got that one, just not the actual order confirmation one. But in this day and age where Everything's Broken™ I'll take it.

Byron C likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Farming SSDs oo arr.

[​IMG]

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Received my new phone, the Google Pixel 6, yesterday. I prepared nothing for the transfer from my Nokia 7.2 because I'm lazy. Went within about one hour from unpacking to having finished moving everything including apps and authenticators. I'm impressed with the smoothness of the transfer process. The phone is great as well (so far).

Isitari, IanW, andrew8200m and 2 others like this.
  19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've been casually thinking about one, it doesn't jump out at me as anything special but perhaps a solid all rounder? I normally keep a phone for four years until something forces my hand, I currently have a OnePlus 6T that still works perfectly for my needs, but I smashed the rear glass and I'm thinking of replacing the phone, getting it repaired and giving it to Laura, who has some dreadful budget Motorola. I even got close to paying £1300 for a Galaxy Z Fold 3 but I was worried it wouldn't be robust.

So my question to you is does it do split-screen well?

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Like any other Android phone for the last few years, I guess.

[​IMG]

There is App Pairs (on the horizon maybe, not sure if available already) with Android 12. And then there's Android 12L coming in early 2022, which will probably trickle down a few new features to phones as well.

ElThomsono likes this.