Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

IanW likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

"Dear Sirs,
    Our clients related purchased has fallen through, therefore we are awaiting to hear from our client how they are proceeding.
    As soon as we hear back we will be in touch with an update."

3. adidan

Balls.

That's utter balls mate.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Solidity.

The programming language, that is - not the concept of objects in 3D space having a tangible form.

I hate it. I will never use it again. At this point in my life, I cannot see myself ever having the need to develop a smart contract on the Ethereum network.

But it's for an assignment, so... suck it up and get on with it...

5. oscy

oscy Modder

Last edited: 12 Dec 2022
  6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

British Gas being stupid.
    They fitted a smart meter a month or so back, said our existing display from Eon would pick up the gas usage despite me saying it wont as its an old Smets1 not Smets2. Guess what, it doesn't work!
    Called up BG, they said I need to speak to Eon to get a replacement. Spoke to a very confused woman at Eon who said as its not faulty and it working our only option would be to purchase one from them but she said BG should have supplied a suitable display when fitting the gas meter which I agreed with.

Called back BG advised Eon would not supply a display for a meter they did not install. seemed to go over the persons head as they asked me if I had a problem with my boiler, I said no I need a display unit as I cannot see what I'm using. They transferred me to someone in billing who was telling me to use their app, then told me the app has not been working for some time. Helpful. Gave up went on a little social media rant with screenshots from other web chats where they were equally useless. Got a reply usual gumph asking me to DM them. I did, result being they are very sorry but cant provide any timescales for getting a display unit and said they would be writing to me to arrange an appointment. That was after I explained we are using the heating for around 2hrs a day because we have literally no way to see our gas usage, and I have an elderly disabled mother in the property who they even acknowledged it on their so called priority list. Real kicker being I reminded them that they would be posting a letter during industrial action and suggested either a phone call or email. But apparently that is how they have to do it.

I sarcastically said what if my meter developed a "fault" and required replacing, could I go back to a standard meter. Answer was no, but they could get an engineer out in 24hrs to fix the issue.

Incidentally I spoke to Eon about upgrading the electricity meter. They said currently there a 3-4 month back log caused by demand and all the new builds. That was a little annoying but at least they were honest about the reason and said if my display became faulty I could get a new one within 48hrs and the app actually works.

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

We're with E.ON and our in home display stopped working, I emailed asking for a replacement and they sent me a link to where I could buy one! I replied saying that that wasn't really good enough when we were paying £323 a month and the response was pretty much "ok sorry" :blah:

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

He's right.

9. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

2 weeks till christmas and the fridge has packed in. Still under warranty but their reply when I logged a ticket was to chase them up if we've not heard anything within 5-10 days.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

A cold. And what a cold. Came out of nowhere, felt fine yesterday morning, during the day temperature rose and a nasty cough developed. I just got out of bed after almost 10 hours and feel like I've not slept at all.
    My throat feels like it was ripped open by those coughs, my back is so tense your could park a car on it without me noticing it, my head feels twice its usual size... In short: I don't feel great.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Somewhat similar here. Every time I cough, it feels like I'm coughing up broken glass. Already let work know I'm not coming in.

I really want to get some lemon and honey to make a soothing drink, but the thought of getting in the car and driving is a bit too much at the moment. Ah well, I've got enough elderflower cordial to make sure I drink enough water today...

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Two weeks to xmas and the oven dies. Yay.

13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Self-inflicted harm. Mrs wanted to try the "hot ones" sauces. We did that on Saturday. So. Much. Regret. I'm still feeling the consequences.

14. adidan

Oof, them pigs will need more blankets.

@mi1ez Another oof. Anywhere you can bag things up safely outside? It's a perfect fridge environment out there at the moment. It's not been unknow for us to box things up and store them in the recycling bin if we have too much at Xmas

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Front door at the new place needs replacing as it's not sealing right. Now I've discovered a mucky stain on the new fabric blinds in the conservatory pointing to the conservatory windows leaking... so I guess that's four new openers needed too.

Would really, really quite like to stop spending thousands of pounds on this house now.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Toilet roll in the freezer?

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Solicitors, sellers and estate agents of the house I was in the process of buying are a bunch of absolute muppets. Now got a viewing for another place but will have to get a new mortgage offer which will be at least half a percent higher.

18. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

And... IT'S THE 'RONAAAAAA! :rock:

Just what I needed...

MLyons likes this.
  19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

dealing with 3 dead kids in a lake.

20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

@Gunsmith It's on your patch? Horrors...I have no words for the upset