Build Advice ASRock Z97 Extreme4 no power (slight fan spin thats all)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dynamis_dk, 12 Sep 2015.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

edit - damn thing suddenly sprung to life now so I'm wondering if I had a loose cable or something :wallbash:

Last edited: 12 Sep 2015
  2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Dave what PSU's specifically are they?

The reason I ask is some older variety PSU's don't play nicely with the Z87/Z97 boards (hands on experience at play here), I used the Extreme4 with an i5 4690K and a SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 650W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU without a hint of issue - It fired up first time every time.

With reference to the issue of powering up and powering down - My PC is left on at the PSU (flick switch I position) but when it powers down I switch it off at the wall socket also, again I've never had issue with this practice.

3. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I would think this more likely ^^^

What you have after all is basically a new Motherboard (purchased by myself 14/08/15).

4. dynamis_dk

one is a generic PSPower I think but has been running the same CPU/RAM on a H81 board without issues. The one I'm using full time in the server where the board will live is a corsair CX600M. Seems to be ok with the Corsair now so I'm hoping fingers cross I just had something which needed a wiggle or something

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Generic PSU's are never ever a good idea mate you know that, especially with high end boards.

6. dynamis_dk

lol yeah I know pal, wasn't purchased by me :) Its just one I have around comes in handy for testing.

7. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Hmmmm lesson learned here (BIN IT!!) :thumb:

Jokes aside, you know where I am if there are any further issues :)

8. dynamis_dk

Cheers mate, hopefully won't have to take you up on the offer :)