Windows FTP in IE8 with ISA 2006

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by xxpokerxx, 25 Feb 2010.

1. xxpokerxx

xxpokerxx What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I am trying to go to my companies FTP site to do some tests but I cannot get to the site. I tried on IE6 and it works fine, but IE8 wont let me login ! When i type in the FTP address a login box should come up in which i login and do what i need to do. However with IE8 this is not the case, I just recieve an error message from ISA 2006 saying :

I get this everytime ! I have tried evry possible combination of "Enable FTp folder view", "Enable integrated authentication" and "use passive ftp". I have also tried adding the username and password into the url to no avail.

Please HELP !!!!! I need to be able to do this for work, so this is delaying me quite a bit trying to figure this out.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Thank You In Advance.

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

xxpokerxx likes this.
  3. xxpokerxx

Yes i have, I get a different error when doing that :

The username and password are correct by the way, I know because I can use them to FTP via the command line as well as an HTTP interface.

4. xxpokerxx

Well, I have figured out that I need to use windows explroer to do ftp with IE8. IE8 doesnt want to work for whatever reason but windows explorer works fine. I guess Ill just use it as it makes no difference.

5. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Set IE to bypass your proxy for FTP connections to that URL.

Usually a proxy doesn't like you to hairpin - I am assuming the ISA server is your proxy.

6. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

My advice on FTP issues is to always use a real FTP client, not IE. Fixes most issues instantly.