Other direct2drive

Discussion in 'General' started by thelaw, 16 Aug 2011.

1. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Has anyone purchased from them?

I note there titles are in US dollars, been a Scrooge a pre order copy of dead island works about about £2 cheaper than steam but i have never bought from direct 2 drive before and wanted to know others experience of using there site?

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I have but tbh I've avoided it like the plague since then - it's no Steam and updating games and the like was a nightmare. This was a couple of years ago - may have changed since then but even at the time Steam was vastly superior.

3. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

I got bad company 2 off them, awesome transaction. "Here's your key, here's your installer files" like buying the game but no disk. Keep the key in my E-Mails and copied the installer file to my HDD, jobs a good'n can't say it's the same for other games as BC2 is all I got off em.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Get Dead Island from Green Man Gaming, they're an excellent little site with some damn good offers cropping up at the moment.

Dead Island through them would be £29.95 + the 20% discount code: "20SUM-MERSA-VINGS" and you'll get the game for £23.96.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/dead-island/

It's a Steamworks game anyway, so the game will install on Steam wherever you buy the game. :)

Edit:
    On the subject of Direct2Drive being any good... I bought a game off them a few months ago, they gave me a CD Key for the standard version instead of the Digital Deluxe edition that I paid for and it took a whole 3 extra weeks to get it all fixed. :\

Edit 2:
    Added bonus of Green Man Gaming, if you get a friend to refer you to them.
    When you buy something for a value greater than £5, they'll credit both you and the friend with £5... so not only would you get Dead Island for £23.96 but you'd get £5 credit to spend on any other offers that pop up.
    Info here - http://www.greenmangaming.com/recommendafriend/

There's also something about getting credit for writing reviews if they put it on the game's page, but I can't find the link for that one at the moment.
    Found the link: http://www.greenmangaming.com/payforreviews/

Last edited: 16 Aug 2011
  5. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

cheers for the links/tips folks..