1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink Best caffeine delivery system?

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm_Not_A_Monster, 10 Jul 2005.

1. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i was looking at the caffeine section of thinkgeek.com and was bewildered by the selection, what has the most effective one? which one tastes the best? does the soap and lotion work?

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Go V-Boy, Go!

Bawls tbh. There isn't anything better ;)

3. dom_

dom_ --->

buy caffeine powder (pure) on ebay in big tubs.

thats pretty good at getting you buzzing

4. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

or go to the "illegal" side and get speed or crank... you won't sleep for days

5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen What's a Dremel?

have you ever tasted pure caffeine? it's disgusting. somewhere in my junior year i learned that you can't actually take a caffeine pill, crush it up, and put it in a coke. i went back to redbull after that. for me, it's either bawls or redbull. they taste different, and redbull takes a while to get used to, but it's my first love, so i prefer it.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Until you die of a heart attack. Or if you're lucky and survive, you've just got a drugs problem.. wohey.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Don't forget these drugs can trigger psychosis. Psychosis is cool --you have terrifying delusions and hallucinations, get sectioned and put in a psychiatric ward with lots of other raving mad people, put on anti-psychotics which fry your brain and can leave you with more debilitating side-effects than you started with, and your life, effectively, is over as no-one will treat you like a normal person again.

Ten years of this and you end up a "burned out psychotic", which basically means that an office plant will seem real extrovert and exuberant by comparison. That is if you don't take your own life first.

Off course, you could escape this by withdrawing from the drug just in time to lapse into a deep rebound depression instead, with quite similar results in terms of psychiatric treatment. Except that now you get to look forward to the possibility of Electro-Convulsive Therapy. Your brain will never be quite the same again...

8. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Although caffeine can't trigger psycosis it's certainly not good for your body! You really don't need to worry about the best way to 'take' it - you eat or drink it. If you need more, have something with more caffeine or have some more of the same. I used to drink mountains of coffee and coke and it really screwed me up. I've not had any for 2 weeks now and i'm sleeping soundly, waking easily and not feeling constantly tired.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oooo electro-convulsive "therapy". Where the death penalty by eletrocution actually seems favourable in comparison.

As for huge amounts of caffine - it screws your body right up and makes you seriously thirsty.

10. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

i rarely drink anything with caffeine and I am not used to its effects, so when I do have 2 sodas I feel like walking on the walls...

11. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Monster energy drink or Jolt Cans and yeah..bawls.

Ice

12. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Now that with some visuals of "burned out psychotics" would make a really effective anti-drug campain :jawdrop:

13. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Coffee?

14. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I had won a bar of the soap at a lan a couple of years ago. One word of advice, only use it to was your hands! :hip: I used it to take a shower once and went crazy. The caffeine goes right through the skin and into your blood stream. I was gittery for over 3 hours and I never had stayed away in school for that long. It wasnt a fun feeling.

15. Nexxo

Yes it can. You have to have a predisposing vulnerability, and ingest about 60 grammes of caffeine, but after that, you're away. :thumb:

16. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Caffeine may cause several behavioral problems: restlessness, difficulty concentrating, increased stress, and insomnia. Its use has also been found to exacerbate existing anxiety disorders, and may be the cause of some panic attacks.

As with other drugs, caffeine produces in its subjects a level of tolerance, or acquired insensitivity to the drug. Although dependence upon caffeine in itself is not dangerous, an increased tolerance level often leads to increased usage, which, if dramatic, can cause serious effects. Physical dependence upon caffeine may result with a daily intake of 350 milligrams – the amount consumed by 20 percent of North Americans.

Excessive caffeine consumption (300 milligrams or more) has also been found to be a contributing factor in many psychiatric conditions, including depression, anxiety, tension and chronic insomnia.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

so.. eh.. the moral must be: Don't drink coffe (or something with caffeine) at all?

I could live with that.. it tastes disgusting anyway.

18. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

Intravenous drip

pimonserry likes this.
  19. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

A lethal dose of caffeine is approx 30-35 grams... if you have that much, psycosis is the least of your worries. Basically, if you're feeling very tired and need a solution, get more sleep, try to relax or meditate or try self-hypnosis. Caffeine is a tempory measure, not a permanent one (if you prize your liver).

20. Nexxo

Er sorry, 60 cups, which is 4.5 to 15 grammes (depending on how strong you like your coffee)... Ok, not many people drink that amount but I have known of patients who would have 20 cups of strong coffee a day --and then come to a psychologist wondering why they were having panic attack symptoms.