Windows Battlefield 2 | General BF2 chit chat.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FIBRE+, 26 Jul 2005.

1. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Just thought I'd start a thread for general discusion and comments on Battlefield 2 :)

Hints n' tips, recomended servers, mods, etc, just keep things friendly :D

2. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Oh, one thing I want to ask about!...

Did anyone else load up BF2 HQ to find all additional weapons unlocked?? I did :D

One of my mates did too but the others didnt, even tho some have higher global scores :duh:

3. fof gwada

fof gwada What's a Dremel?

yeah i did notice that all the weapons are unlocked its kinda weird

4. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Same here, looks like EA set global unlocks to 1.

TIP: Crashing your plane into a moving tank pisses off the driver! :lol:

5. fof gwada

fof gwada What's a Dremel?

it should be locked tomorrow

6. tamffc

tamffc What's a Dremel?

the one thing about this game that bugs me is when teammates punish for accidental tk.i never punish unless its obvious the offending player is doing it on purpose :wallbash:

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

The EA servers were hacked to expose a security hole. Supposedly. User ID's between certain values got all weapon unlocks. I think the current account server downtime is probably to fix that.

8. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Back to normal now :waah:

I unlocked the wrong gun by accident the first time, I want the medics SA80 instead, I guess I cant swap my unlocked weapon.

Yer the teamkilling needs to be sorted out, like when somone just runs into your tank and you get punished for it :blah:

Theres a lot of flaws but I love this game sooooo much, the "cs" clan im in doesnt play cs anymore, A: because we were just sick of the attitudes of half the players and dont enjoy it as much as we used to B: BF2 has more depth to it and its just going to get better :D

9. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

G36c for the win!
    i just played karkand for about 3 hours one night on ranked server until i unlocked it, then i went back to playing on decent servers :p
    edit: oh and jolt have setup their servers to automatically forgive tk's which is nice :)
    you still get a points docked, but you dont get autokicked

10. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

How many points do you need to unlock each gun? My global score is 2689 and I have 1 weapon unlocked, how many points until my next :confused:

Im kinda annoyed about choosing the wrong gun when I had one to unlock, after having a go with the unlocked ones I want the SA80 it kicks ass. Hmm, I read the below quote and may send em an e-mail saying after the guns were locked again I got the wrong one back :D

Here it says: "if you find that you do not have access to weapons appropriate to your in-game rank, please direct inquiries to the Support sites linked below"

I will give it a go and let you all know if it works, im sure theres other people who wasted the unlock.

I'm really loving Karkand, Mashtuur City and Dragon Valley, whats are your favourite maps?

Any servers you would recomend?

Does anyone still use the integrated server search? Ive just re-discovered A.S.E, I used it all the time when playing C.S 1.5 then kinda forgot about it, If you aint got it get it! : http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ase/register

11. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

i dunno how far you have to go for the 2nd unlock, i cant be bothered anyway, only play as spec ops sp no point in unlocking the others :)

karkand is by far my favourite map, then mashtuur, then probably sharqi peninsula(sp?)
    then the rest with planes :)

12. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

You need 10,000 for the Corporal Rank, which is next along for you.

After that its 25,000, then 50,000 :jawdrop:

If you haven't done so go to BF2 Stats and search for your player name. It will give you all sorts of interesting stats and down at the bottom is an estimate of how long it is going to take you to reach your next few ranks.

Its also a handy site for checking who is exploiting ;)

13. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Are the unlockabel weapons better as the "normal" ones???

14. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

They aren't "better" just "different".
    For exemple the medics L85 unlockable is more accurate than the regular weapon but has a rather clostrophobic scope that obscure your periferal vision.

They are intended to be an alternative that some will prefere and others won't. They also help distinquish those of rank.

15. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

g36c is more accurate, has a better rate of fire, does more damage, faster reload but you dont get the red dot scope
    havent tried the others

Tags: