Anyone waiting for stuff from Ebuyer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tetsugaku-San, 2 Aug 2005.

1. Tetsugaku-San

Tetsugaku-San What's a Dremel?

They've never let me down before but I ordered £500 worth of stuff Thu 28th July for Saturday delivery and I have yet to get the stuff :'(

I rang and spoke to them yesterday and they assured a delivery today, as yet I have received the hard drive as it came straight from the manufacturer, but nothing else - still - despite being promised a delivery today.

I'm not normally up for slapping these people - they are the cheapest in the UK after all, but they have actually turned their customer support number off today! All you get is a recorded message and the line goes dead -I'm worried.

2. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

its only been a few days, i wouldnt panic just yet

3. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

to be honest. i have used them a number of times and found their delivery to be punctual. sometimes with tooo much packaging but thats another story

so have they given you a tracking number?

4. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

5. Tetsugaku-San

Aledgedly the stuff arrives today . . . I shall have to wait and see :)

I did see the note about the warehouse moves but it wasn't displayed until after I had actually placed the order + if they were having problems they shouldn't have let me order it for Saturday delivery - and then not delivered it.

I am more worried about their customer service, everything else has always been fine, but nothing has ever gone wrong before so I never needed to ring them. Turning off your customer support number because your getting too many calls is no way to deal with loyal customers (and I am (was) loyal, I've used them dozens of times and recomended them to everyone I know).

6. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

They prefer the use of e-notes for problems rather than the telephone support. They'll usually respond on the same day to e-notes now too.

7. Tetsugaku-San

Website says seven (SEVEN!!) working days for enotes reply - piss poor service that is.

8. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Its not usually that bad. I have had problems sorted in a day using their e-notes thing. As said above, they apologise for the delay due to the increased volume of queries.

I'd just accept it and hassle them to give me the extra money I paid for Saturday delivery back.

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

They have a customer services telephone number???? I have use Ebuyer for years and never got hold of their number. I hate those enotes and would rather speak to someone.

Ebuyer usually deliver ontime. If you paid extra for saturday delivery and got nothing then you are entitled to a refund.

10. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

Yeh the phone service has only been introduced recently. I also have always recieved orders on time before, and have had good experiences with their customer support too.

EDIT:
    Dont seem to be doing too badly. Are you sure the recorded message is not a waiting message?

eNotes are now on 3 day turnaround.

11. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

My bro was waiting for 4 days longer than expected and when his processor arrived, it wasn't a processor, it was a 1gb SD card. :nono:

12. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I've orderd a long network cable for my brother, I'm *supposed* to get it tomorrow morning as thats the delivery I've paid for. Lets see if I get it...

13. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

just got all my bit's through on time, as ordered, only problem is keyboard is missing, and i was meant to take this pc to germany in 2 days :duh:

apart from that all previous time's it's been very good, with everything arriving on time, or if not compensation being paid!

edit: day#2 - keyboard got delieverd this morning without even raising and e-note :thumb:

Last edited: 4 Aug 2005
  14. polus

polus What's a Dremel?

Im waiting too. I paid extra for delivery to work before I was off for a week so I could recieve the parts at work before I was off, then build them when I was off. I nowhave to go into work on a day off to pick them up (if there delivered tomorrow that is).

I have sent an enote asking for the extra postage I paid to be credit'ed back to my account... Im not holding my breath...

15. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I get my package this morning, 24 hours late, but thats not too bad because in the past they've often dispatched early!

The very weird thing is that the package was sent via Royal Mail Recorded delivery. Did ebuyer actually go to the post office to do this? Its the first time I've seen a company post via the post office!

16. ellipr97

ellipr97 What's a Dremel?

Only once have ebuyer let me down when a package with £300 worth of stuff went missing, however on the good side they dispatched a new box of stuff immediatly and gave me free shipping on my next 5 orders!

17. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing they probably have some deal where they buy postage stickers for certain weights and Royal Mail come and pick up all the post.
    They only use Royal Mail for the cheaper delivery.

18. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

eBuyer does tend to be a day or so late from what I've experienced. Also, if you ever get anything in a packet, they don't use any extra packaging, just the original box. Large boxes have always eben nice and spaceous though.