Coolermaster ATC-S4000 SX-1

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by J-Pepper, 9 Aug 2005.

1. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

This isn't really a full case mod, but more of a modified case build.

Thought some people may be interested so i'll post some stuff.

I've done some stuff on thsi already, i'm probably about 20-25% in maybe more?

So here are a few select pics, don't think anybody may be interested in all the intermediate steps.

These photos are not the final products, awaiting some acrylic and perspex sheets.

Primary loop block, Swiftech Storm on 3/8"
    [​IMG]

Coolermaster ATC-S4000 SX-1
    [​IMG]

AC Airplex EVO360, TC HE120.2 and TC Thermotube placement
    [​IMG]

AC Airplex EVO360 radiator grill and Aquastream controller placement
    [​IMG]

External CMOS safety reset switch build
    [​IMG]

CMOS reset switch and secondary loop drain port placement
    [​IMG]

Illumination of the primary loop reservoir
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think, any suggestions for improvement? (bear in mind these are not final builds yet).

Thanks

Pepper

2. Firefox90

Firefox90 What's a Dremel?

Looks pretty damn sweet to me. I like the CMOS switch idea. It looks like this will be a high quality project. Bring me more!

3. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

that is a sweet case its HUUUUUGE :dremel:

Edit: pity you cant get them anymore :waah:

Last edited: 9 Aug 2005
  4. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Nice ideas, the CMOS thing, is exactly the same thing Abit use.

5. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

At last someone has taken one of the best cases of all time and done something with it :) Nice work!

6. BIOHAZART.RU

BIOHAZART.RU What's a Dremel?

it's so, so, so big...

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

7. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Thanks for the comments, these cases are awesome, but the size is more of an optical illusion as it is not all that tall (probably slightly shorter than a Wavemaster) and it is very thin, so thin the AquagrATIx GPU water block actually touches the side panel when it is closed... it's a mm perfect fit, a slightly bigger GPU block and I wouldn't be able to close the side panel! Thus 1/2" was out the window, leaving me with the option have have chosen now; 3/8" primary CPU loop and 8/6mm secondary loop.

This case is aimed at pure silence (as much as it can be) whilst maintaining good performace and over-clocks with future proofing in mind as I will eventually move to a dual core 939 and SLI setup in a years time.

8. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

me want you cpu head

9. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

I am lovin this mod! It is a freaking huge case alot of room for some serious water cooling! Cant wait for osme more PICs!

10. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

wow, 2 huge rads, i wonder what pump you're going to use. but that is a beautiful case. i would buy one if i could afford it. great work.

11. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

thats a awesome looking res.. . too bad it gave me such a bad experience :( Good luck, looks good.

12. Kyuari

Kyuari What's a Dremel?

what does the chinese say?

13. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

That's a feakin nice case, I love the look of it.
    What is the plan on the airflow with the 2 rad's?

14. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Dude, that CMOS reset switch is one of the best ideas I've ever seen around these forums. That must come in so incredibly handy, especially when you get to overclocking the system in that case!
    Do you mind if I borrow that idea?

15. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

Wow! Thanks guys for the encouragement!

I'm going to use an Aquacomputer Aquastream for the 8/6mm loop and a Laing DDC for the 3/8" loop.

How so? I used the Tank-O-Matic before, but this one os new and as of yet I haven't used it in a filled system. Getting me worried now! :worried:

1st character translates into water, 2nd character into cool (cold) and 3rd character literally means machine. Put them together and it basically means 'water cooled rig' or 'water cooling machine'.

The EVO360 at the top will be running ultra silent (probably Noiseblocker or Panaflo L) fans sucking air upwards, the HE120.2 will be pushing air through the case front front to back using Panaflo M fans. That's the best configuration I could get in this case.

Sure! I wouldn't have posted it for everyone if I didn't think it would be of any use... knock yourself out! :p

I've waiting for some (frosted white, UV blue and black) acrylic and perspex and some new nickel plated barbs... updates as soon as I can.

16. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

continuing with the build has been slow, mainly due to the fact that the acrylic and aluminium hasn't arrived by this weekend, dispite being ordered on Wednesday.

Any how, just some more pictures to pass the time away...

More braiding done, blue LEDs and a temperature sensor.
    [​IMG]

Acoustipack sound deadening foam cut to size.
    [​IMG]

Some internal shots with the Acoustipack in place.
    [​IMG]

One more...
    [​IMG]

A shot of the front as it to where the Aquatube and Aquadrive would go.
    [​IMG]

Ermmm.. a box.
    [​IMG]

This is the most interesting of things i've found so far, cathodes are now dead to me... these things are thin (~2mm tall), flexible, can be cut to size and emit a hell've a lot of light from a 9V battery.. they are rated for 12V!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And lastly, a shot of the tools, bits and bobs and stuff.
    [​IMG]

Hopefully the acrylic and aluminium should arrive by Monday, as well as my DFI board, and I should be picking up a few Panaflo fans and a couple of Ramplex coolers from a local shop too.

17. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Very nice design and very nice stuff you have there. Keep up the good work man :D

I got one question for you.
    Where did you get these?

??
    They look might nice..
    aevi

18. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

My local maplin store!

but they cost an arm and a leg though... but anything is worth it for a bright idea! :idea:

19. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

tiny update:

Drill holes in the top of my case... why? wait and see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sleeved my Panaflos.
    [​IMG]

Some Quiet Computer Acousti Products... absolutely swear by them, far better quality than other stuff on the market and sometimes cheaper too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made a mount for my Thermochill radiator from recycled 5 1/4" bay facias.
    [​IMG]

Ramplex, fits nicely over an already heatspreadered (is that even a word??) OCZ.
    [​IMG]

The plastic I ordered... and I hate them!! Not at all what I expected... Thought the frosted acrylic would be white and translucent, but it's far too see -through for my liking.
    [​IMG]

Apart from that nothing much more to add.. work is going at a leisurely pace.

I have a few un-used Aquacomputer components left over from the upgrade to A64 and this can be seen in my FS thread here...

Last edited: 24 Aug 2005
  20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Recently about 38 of them were on sale on eBay (UK) for a ridiculously cheap £150,-- or so. You can still get them, if you look around. Else head over to Coolermiester's contest (in Modding) where you could win one... ;)

It always brings me great joy to see this case get the attention it deserves. It couldn't be in better hands, J-Pepper! That BIOS switch is inspired and the LEDs are a good find (my previous source for those was German).

I've got an ATC-S4000, and am wondering whether I should make it the basis for Metaversa 02. :D Also interesting to see that it is possible to do with the rad placement what I have been exploring... although I think I will do it a bit different.

Yeah, that case is huge... but not bulky. Ideal for a Tyan mobo with two dual-core Opterons and an SLI GPU setup... :naughty: