Windows BF2 new ranking system?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chemo, 7 Oct 2005.

1. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

anyone know what you have to do now to get the next rank etc in bf2?
    since the patch came out ive been promoted twice but im lost to see when i next get an unlock and stuff. cant find anything on the web about it

2. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I'm pretty sure those ranks are now wrong. I'm only at around 2200 and I was promoted to Corporal first kill I got in a game last night. I'm 100% certain they've lowered the points needed by a massive amount. Most people on servers now seem to be Sarg or way higher and although I only took a month off BF2, I doubt the majority of the games population have attained 10's of thousands of points in that short time.

4. tamffc

tamffc What's a Dremel?

yeah i was a lance corporal,i have around 5000 points(10000 needed for corporal) went on a server tonight for the first time since i patched to 1.03,
    first kill seargeant, second kill im a staff seargeant.no unlocks though.

5. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

Finish a map and then restart BF2 ... your unlocks should become available.

6. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Every unlock I've had over the couple of profiles I've got have always taken like 24hrs to come through, no matter the number of restarts :/

7. chemo

when you get to staff sargaent (sp) you should be on 4 unlocks, but like has been said, you should wait until you next start bf2 and check in bfhq to get it

:)

and they hae lowered the pointrs needed for ranks by a huge amount

8. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

I think my first one was like that too :grr:

9. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Either that or you can "log off" then imediately "log on", if the ranking ugrade doesnt work straight away you will normally have to wait a few hours as there is a queing system I do believe (unlocks take a while too).

The ranks on Ubar are pretty accurate, put you name in the "Get stats" and it will give stats aswel as a more accurate guage of how far you from next rank. Make sure you add that site to favourites as its real handy, pne thing I like is that you can keep a tab on all you mates in a sort of leader board :)

10. chemo

www.bf2tracker.com is about the best stat site ive seen so far, theyve now got updated ranking explanations too

:)

11. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

Yep, good buddylist feature as well, they're moving servers atm though, use http://69.25.23.236/portal.php for the old box.

Tags: