1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Coffee works against Grand Theft Auto!

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Malvolio, 23 Oct 2005.

1. Malvolio

Malvolio .

BLUFFTON, South Carolina (AP) -- A would-be carjacker got a different kind of jolt from his intended victim's morning cup of coffee, authorities said.

The suspect tapped the car window Wednesday morning with a gun and motioned the driver to get out, Chief Deputy Roy Hughes said.

But the driver -- who had just bought a cup of hot coffee -- slammed the car door into the carjacker's legs, threw the coffee at his neck and face and wrestled him to the ground, Hughes said.

Who ever said that Hot Coffee was bad? :D

More you say?

2. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

SOunds like a good way to get shot, tbh.

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Lol the thread title made me think that it was about something else. :)

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Indeed, an excellent way to get shot, but an ironic twist of fate towards questionable pixelated acts.

5. koufontinas

koufontinas What's a Dremel?

Stupid thing to do, but I guess it's just upto the individual...I think I would have done the same, not wise, but hey.

6. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Maybe he saw the movie gone in 60 seconds..

7. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

I would prefer the .45 under my seat but hot coffee works, too. The crap about 'give them what they want' has to end. You can replace a car or wallet but nobody has a right to take your possessions. Every thief is capable of murder, treat the problem accordingly. You may well be fighting for your life.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Again, we agree... :worried:

Anyone remember those anti-carjacking flamethrowers they sold in South Africa? Sod the in-car navigation system. That's an optional extra I want on my car. :D

9. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

And perfectly legal too, wish they had that here, works if the car is broken into too! In the Uk though, I think I have seen some cars come equiped with special paint which squirts into your face if you try and hotwire the car.

10. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

I've seen that before. I want one, too. A gun fight at close range is like a knife fight. You WILL get cut. Seven yards is considered the closest you want an attacker before making the decision to use lethal force. A giant flame would certainly be surprising..and a bit warm. I'd imagine it would be illegal in our countries, though.

11. Nexxo

Hmmm... given the number of car alarms I have seen triggered in the past by a passing cat, a sudden gust of wind or someone just parking theirs next to it, I am not sure that car alarms are ready for flame-thrower features yet... :worried:

What is sort of legal in our countries is this electrified steering wheel clamp. It has a movement sensor. Try to shake it and you can see the electical sparks dancing across it. Now that's a pretty interesting deterrent.

12. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

I wonder if the Presidential limo has a flame thrower...not that something that armored would need it. Dubya's Ford F-250 on the ranch must have it...in case the reporters get too close or Laura tries to take it for a spin.

13. Nexxo

I bet the Presidential limo simply has a discreet little red button on the dash that says: "Nuke". Pressing it invokes an immediate strike with a Tomahawk missile, neatly guided to the car jacker's exact physical location by the car's GPS system.

It's messy, but it works... :D

14. MrWillyWonka

Actually it does... There was an article I read about the president's new car last year having inbuild missiles with gprs for guided location. The car also has bulletproof wheels which can somehow reinflate if punctured, it is (obviously) bulletproof and bombproof to some extent, and weights serveral tons, also has a backup engine. It isn't a limo though!

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

bombproof to quite an impressive extent. If you ever see the doors opening they're about a foot thick, and I imagine most of that is made of stuff thats designed to stop bombs(bullets would bounce of that thing).

16. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

Rumor has it being based on a Suburban chassis with all wheel drive and an 8.1 GM big block V-8. No way a front drive Cadilac chassis would support the weight.

17. Nexxo

So... what mileage does he get on that baby?

No wonder they're so keen on oil... :worried:

18. MrWillyWonka

rofl!

19. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

My truck gets 12MPG...I sure hope the oil starts flowing soon. 2-3MPG would seem likely for that engine in such a heavy vehicle.

20. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Yup, and it is capable of hermetically sealing and has its own air supply in case of chemical / bio attack.

Nevertheless, there must be SOME way of getting to him?!? Perhaps you could cause Dubya to have a neural meltdown by waving placards at the back windows with words of more than one syllable?