News IT workers dubbed 'worst dressed'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 18 Nov 2005.

1. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

I'm a redneck IT person so more often than not I'm wearing camouflage clothes or gun t-shirts. I suspect they wouldn't hire me in NYC or Chicago;)

2. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

atm bike trousers (over ones) with jeans underneath (just got back from "work" aka college) with a black t-shirt and a army style quiksilver hoody.... tbh i dont give a crap if im "worst dressed" as who gives a crap, life doesnt need to be a catwalk, so why bother? roflcopter

to be honest, if i had a good job with some cash coming in, id still wear jeans and shirts etc etc, im not much of a dressup person tbh...

3. Asphix

Asphix What's a Dremel?

To me it has nothign to do with fashon but presentability. If your jeans and t-shirt are presentable.. then its all good.

I usually wear dockers and some sort of polo or sweater. I do it because my presenation is important to me.. not because its stylish. I want to look clean and professional.. But I wont wear a suit and tie as it is completely out of context.

Nor do I want to look like a flamboyant actor having an identity crisis.

4. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

How the hell are you getting away with not even owning a suit? You've never had to go to a wedding or funeral or formal/semiformal event? Don't tell me you rent when that stuff comes up.

5. Hans Voralberg

Hans Voralberg What's a Dremel?

T-shirt and jeans are what make a geek ^^

6. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I say dress for the situation. If everybody else you work with wears a suit, then its probably a good idea to wear a suit. Otherwise, I think khakis and a buttondown should take care of things. As far as IT guys not dressing up, I think a company polo shirt and a pair of plain jeans should be fine with some normal brown or black casual shoes or work boots (no tennis shoes). The logo tshirt tells me as much as I need to know when I talk to someone at a store or business. As long as there is some air of professionality about you, I think its fine.

7. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

OMG NO!. I Shalt never wear long sleevs on a day by day bases. (unless work can guarantee me a working inviroment that will never become in excess of 70 degrees F).

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Our company has now adopted a casual dress policy, so its jeans, t-shirt and trainers/shoes for me.

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

That comment on its own could be dodgy... :D

10. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

Suit will always be my preference....but I work in a polo/jeans (bike mechanic/shop staff member) and my next job won't be much different in terms of clothing- Electrician.

11. RTT

RTT #parp

12. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Watch it, I have pictures of you with a monkey. :p Photoshop does intersting things...

Oh my...:D

That's just...special. And to think we work with this man.

13. JThrockmorton206

JThrockmorton206 Owl Exterminator

Half-life 2 t-shirt (got it yesterday woo), jeans, and boots. Though im a high school student so dress isnt too important. I dred getting a job with a uniform. In elementary and middle school I had uniforms and I found myself wearing the same shirt and pants for days without noticing. In high school I realised how little I used to change clothes which is rather sick to think about :p. I'm actually very proud of this article. It just prooves that us techies dont care about all the fashion bullcrap and give into the pop culture.

14. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

Company polo and a pair of dockers. Fridays is casual day so jeans and a polo. I think that fine as i am moving around under desks and up in cellings. I would wear a button up shirt but for crawling on the floor it is just uncomforable

15. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

Fridays is casual day at my work too but i always casual T-shirt + trousers not jeans but not suit trouser if ya get me and some times a hoody and airwalk footware :hip:

need to get more geeky T-shirts.

oh by the why i'm an IT tech :)

16. gpw111

gpw111 What's a Dremel?

Socks and sandals all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

17. Who_me_33

Who_me_33 What's a Dremel?

Whats wrong with dressing casually if your not in the eye of the customers. And suit / tie etc it just silly for most tech support. I can just see the convo with the boss, "Im off to the dry cleaners to get this shirt cleaned" boss: "What, thats the third time asmorning"

18. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

these are the wrong colored socks
    [​IMG]

and yes, i have some, and i wear them

19. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

:hehe: Does your mom dress you? :hehe:

20. I_Slider_I

I_Slider_I What's a Dremel?

I think its a consensus that I.T. people really don't care what some corporate fashion designer thinks. Personally I dress for the ocassion, I have 1 suit and I'll break it out if I have to talk to corporate big wigs. Other than that, its jeans and a t-shirt.

Tags: Add Tags