News First man sues Microsoft over Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 5 Dec 2005.

1. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Yea, there is no reason why that disk should do that with such slight movement. Its not like he frekin shook the thing.

2. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Holy s**t at that disc scatch video, although I suppose the thing wasnt meant to be moved like that while it is running. Not really an excuse either though.

This is why I hold out on rushing out to get the newest thing. With something as complex as the 360 there will be bugs, its just a fact of life. Sucks for the people that got the defective units, but I think a class action suit is extreme. Ive heard nothing to indicate that MS wasnt taking responsibility for the broken xboxs.

But yeah, I will be awaiting the next batch when the major flaws have been corrected.

3. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

I got a 360 the first day, and haven't had a single damn problem with it. This is due to Microsoft its technology and it will always have something go wrong. Look at how much they test cars and they still have recalls. I hear talk from the Sony fanboys "omg like 3% of the 360s are faulty, well you obviously don't remember the problems with the PS2 not reading certain games at all and over heating, the PSone controller ports frying, then getting charged 100 bucks to get em fixed????

If there is a problem you will get an overnite box and have a turn around time of 1.5 weeks or less on the new system. Sure I would be mad if my system didn't work, but at least they replace it fast and cost free.

And the mentioning of the PC graphics pwning....... you obviously don't know much about graphics, if you look at all the new technology being implemented, sure you can come very close on pc, if you have spent 2 grand on your rig. Not to mention this is only the launch, look to the future ( hint Gears of War is only using 1 of the 3 3.2 ghz 64bit chips).

4. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

BTW, who the F*** picks up a sytem while it's still on and jostles it around a few times, if you are that stupid you deserve to have scratched discs, not to mention he didn't put the tabs out.

5. Bradish

Bradish What's a Dremel?

Ha, sucks for anyone who its overheating.... I paid $100 (yah 100) for mine and it runs like a champ. :rock:

6. DivineSin

It really doesnt matter if Gears of War is only using one of the three cpu's, using all three doesnt mean your going to get 3x the performance. Hell, i dont even know where you got that info as the game isnt even close to being released yet :hehe: .

But theres a reason consoles usually sell for so cheap compared to there pc counterparts. You cant do anything else on it other than play games or watch movies. You cant upgrade it, you cant do much too it unless you mod it. Not to mention that in a year or so the graphics on the PC side will have surpassed the console. Its a great deal of course, but untill they actually have some games that interest the people who could careless about sports and FPS games, its just 400 bucks down the tube.

7. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Id expect to see bugs when somthing is just released, especially from microsoft. A lawsuit isnt the answer if microsoft is working to fix the problem. Anyway my last console plays duckhunt with no problems at all.

8. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

The lawsuit seems extreme. If they are going to replace the system then what is there to be angry about besides the 1.5 weeks without it. Nothing is perfect, and no amount of testing will identify 100% every known issue. The only way is largescale testing (I.E. Launch of the system). They know a small % will have issues and are prepared to handle them. This guy must not use electronic deviced very often.

PS2 = DRE epidemic, PSP = Dead Pixel epidemic, XBOX (the first one) = Overheating Epidemic

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Burn like your coveted X-box Microsoft :)

10. logan

logan flashback!

11. DivineSin

This is the exact way people say it happens, your not going to believe it because of one cutaway shot? Jeez.

12. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Well that man surely is not the brightest individual you could find!

Why would any1 be moving the Xbox around while the game is running ?

IMO there is a huge difference in letting the xbox run by itself and provocating the problem! that just not relevant! :sigh:

And yes the lawsuit is ridiculous and pathetic! he is just a random golddigger, thats it! :miffed:

13. DivineSin

Several reasons, you could want to move it to the floor to the shelf while your mother is cleaning. You could bump into it, and as it wobbles it will etch right into your cd. You could just want to put it on its side and not know that this would happen. Its not like there is a huge warning.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hoooo nasty. Another DVD problem for MS? :rolleyes:

15. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

didnt the first xbox have disc maiming issues too? i seem to remember something like that

that vid is pretty bad, if he'd hit it with a hammer or shook it up i'd have expected the disc to get a bit ****ed but he didnt really do very much
    it should not have gouged a huge track in the disc :eek:

16. BurntKona

BurntKona What's a Dremel?

I'm sure I remember reports of the original PS2 scratching discs when it was in the vertical position, so this isn't just a MS problem, although they should have learnt from their competitor's experience.

Aparently, the manual does state never to do this, according to this guy on anther forum. I don't have a 360 to read the literature from, myself.

17. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I'm not surprised the disk was scratched, the guy was turning the console around, nobody does that whilst it's on. Would you do that to your pc?

However nearly every console have had problems with the first batch. The PS2 had drive problems, the nintendo DS had pixel problems, and so have other consoles.

18. lepre

lepre Minimodder

on the pc yes...but i don't have any cd-dvd drive :D

anyway it's the drive faulty not the console, i'm sad for who provide that drives to microsoft ;)

19. DivineSin

I've knocked my PC around while it was reading from the drive, moved it back and fourth so i could connect something in the back, ect. and it has never given me any problem. I've also moved my ps2 around while it was reading a disk and nothing, i believe the xbox/xbox360 are the first consoles to have such disk gouging issues.

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

2 of my housemates have 360's, no hardware problems at all. Moving a console around while its on like that is just silly - I'd expect it to scratch the disc to some degree.

Tags: Add Tags