News Xbox 360 hacking, shortages

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 14 Feb 2006.

1. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

...that has a good point...
    :sigh:

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

A well-thought response that addresses each concern which got him accused of flaming? Not a troll in my books. Well, perhaps not so much the comment about being on-topic, but the rest is quite not-trolling. I've gotta agree on the whole "M$" bit, though. WHY?? My apologies to all those that are jealous of their billions - perhaps you should start saying $ony and iTune$/iTM$. I got over it myself. I neither like nor support Microsoft, but you've gotta admit they've done a damn good job at what they do (and ffs, don't interpret that as 'they put out good software', beause that's not what I'm saying).

I hate Sony for dozens of reasons, and will never again buy a product that they've branded so long as I have an alternative. But I don't bash the PS3 - I'm sure it'll be another fine, overpriced setup that'll suck people in based on their constant touting of high-definition. I, for one, have been playing my games in HD for quite a few years, and am unimpressed by the 360's graphics (and will hold judgement till actual screencaps for the PS3 on that side of the fence). Sony's well-known for over-hyping, and Microsoft is well-known for rushing products out the door before most people would consider them in a condition safe to ship.

Of the three contenders, the Revolution is the only one I'd consider. Why? Nintendo's games are, historically, very fun to play. Pay devs to make fun games, not pretty games, and you sell more copies. Considering Microsft loses money on every console sold, and Sony probably will as well, it's games that make them money. If high-def gets a hundred million consoles out the door, and half the people only buy one game, they're down hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars. It's quite in their favor to advertise via word-of-mouth - "well the games are pretty, but they still suck, don't waste your money" isn't the best way to sell a product. That said, I know quite a few people that can't look through the graphics and realize NBA06 is exactly the same as NBA05 with a couple of name changes, which continues for the last probably ten years or so.

3. Adnuo

Adnuo Banned

I wasn't being a troll. As Firehed said, I was countering every one of his very non-thought out posts with facts and statements in a rather neutral way. Last time I checked, that's not being a troll. That's making an educated post on the internet.

As for this comment, way to make any points against what I've said. If anyone would like to argue with me, or even have a friendly debate about some of the points I've brought up, go right ahead. I'd rather like to spark an intelligable discussion that doesn't involve "i h8 M$ cuz dey mek moar monies den i do LOLOL", or something along that intelligence level.

Don't make me unleash on you ;)

4. BurntKona

BurntKona What's a Dremel?

I don't care if you are a long term Sony, Ninento or even a Vectrex fan, but as a developer, I can tell you, the first people to be hurt from piracy are the guys on the ground making the damn games. :wallbash:

Anyway, back on topic. It looks like a very interesting app. Once they get a nice SATA to USB adaptor fitted to the 360 HD without having to take it apart, I'll be sold. I've got a lot of progress on games like Forza, and I don't want to have to start from scratch again on the 360.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, a lot of developers work to produce games for Sony AND Microsoft.

6. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Not to sound like a jerk, but it's posts like these that make me realize how thankful I am that I am not a fanboy.

< on topic >

At least they have gave a reason that there are shortages. Gives a bit of closure to this whole ordeal.

As for the hacking issue, I say keep it up. My hacked XBox is the greatest thing I ever did.

Umm, I mean, it could be the greatest thing I ever did :worried:

7. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

What about the 360's that went for the Japanese launch? Didn't MS/M$ amass quite a few 360's in anticipation (or hopes) of selling many and really jumping/breaking into the Japanese market, then not sell very many at all, like less than half of the stockpile?

I was going to wait for the PS3, but now I might skip it and wait until its been out for a while - I don't want the hassle of having another dead drive or disk read errors on week two. The 360 is looking nice, but only cause I really want Kameo and PGR3. The Revolution is a no-brainer: I'm definitely getting one :rock:

Tags: Add Tags