News Telewest TVDrive now available

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 28 Feb 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Fusen

Fusen What's a Dremel?

looks nice, but I'm not a fan of any sort of subscription, and the tenner a month to the bbc and the £40 I spent on my freeview box is enough for me ;P
    "For everything else there is bittorrent"(or newsgroups)

3. Boon

Boon What's a Dremel?

Maybe it should read:

"The website has a startling lack of Hi-Res Images, but it looks like this, unfortunately."

Although design aside anything that can compete with the corporate monster that is BSkyb can't be bad in my books. Three tuners sounds great, personally I slways felt two arn't enough for Sky+. Just wondering what a 160GB capacity drive would do with HD content as far as storage hours go. I'm happy with my 40Gb original Sky+ box but can imagine it getting filled very quickly with HD content.

Great advice I'm sure. I'm not a fan of paying for DVDs, music or programs for that matter.

*note sarcasm*

Last edited: 1 Mar 2006
  4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

At a rough estimate of 20 Mbit/sec for HD content, 160 GB would give you just under 18 hours of storage, by my reckoning. Enough to timeshift a few shows, but you're not going to get much of an archive on there.

5. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

My missus has sky+ and there is HD content/channels on her set but she has no HDTV to test and it costs more to get those channels

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Yeah mate, the HD channels may show up, but she'd need a special Sky+ HD box (not yet released) to be able to view them, as well as a HDTV.

7. MonkeyTurnip

MonkeyTurnip What's a Dremel?

Ah thats what she was babbling on about the other day, sky sent her a letter asking for some rediclous amount for the HD Box, but i was more interested at looking at the girlies walikng past so i dint quite understand what she was saying

8. Edenalig

Edenalig What's a Dremel?

Orderd mine today, hope its not all hype :duh:

9. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I would much rather go with a KiSS player for looks TBH.

I know my DP1000 is the best looking thing on my shelf, well maybe apart from Natalie Portman on the cover of Garden state, but hardware wise it is tops!

Tags: Add Tags