1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip piercings..your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Icecoldbagey, 21 Feb 2006.

1. SensesFail

SensesFail Guest

1.) I was being sarcastic...as in like my opinion really matters. That was the purpose of the smiley.
    2.) Most of the danger comes from unclearn areas. It's like sex...you have a 99.99% chance of not getting a girl pregnant, but it happens. If you go to a dirty shop, in addition to a receding gum line you run the risk of infection, allergic reactions, nerve damage, keloids, excessive swelling. The likelihood is low, but **** happens. It's a legitimate arguing point against not getting a piercing (and it is routinely made).
    3.) Obviously the poster isn't getting piercings to mark his arrival to manhood or his fidelity to a religion...he is getting it because he thinks it looks cool. Images of cool come and fade...the guy getting plugs in his ears will look awesome for 10 years until he turn 30 and the fad completely dies out. As a fashion statement there really is no concrete point. As far as trends go, I'd be wary to scar my body permanently. If you can make a responsible judgement to get one, then go for it. I have no problems with people getting piercings, getting their tongue cut in half, or having a sex change operation. I'm wary of the teenager willing to brand (there you go) his skin because his favorite rock band does the same. Obviously this whole argument is a bit excessive for a piercing...but beyond the need for a person to separate and identify themselves...there is no need. Differentiate yourself in a productive way...cure AID's, don't put a disk in your lip.

2. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Hi again guys, i got it pierced on Friday and the school are already trying to make me take out even though i was wearing a trasnparent stud. A lot of others have their lip pierced just without the ball but they said i can't even do that..there are lots of others who do that. It looks as though i am going to have to take it out, oh well.

Ice

3. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

"This thread is worthless without pics!"

4. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

agreed

pics
    asap

5. SensesFail

SensesFail Guest

What happens if you don't? I'd fight it if it you care about it enough. I don't see how schools can totally overlook freedom of expression.

6. penski

penski BodMod

Just updated MSN and got an offline message from Fly pointing me here.

Fight it.

[​IMG]

Grab me on MSN, holmes - psi_penski at hotmail dot com.

*n

7. DarkInferno

DarkInferno Minimodder

Good sig. *grin*

TBH, I'm not a big fan of the lip piercing... labret looks good on some people.. but lip almost never (in my humble opinion)

On another note, it may be due to the popularity of the piercing, as I've never been into excessively popular counterculture. I took my eyebrow stud out when they became popular (with the yobs)

I’m not anti piercing btw, I have various piercings, and a pair of old brandings (that have almost completely faded away) and at one point I could put a biro through my tongue… lol

Last edited: 4 Mar 2006
  8. Strategy

Strategy Banned

Looks cheesey as fork.. Smegma