1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Getting songs off iPod

Discussion in 'Software' started by uwannabigmak, 9 Mar 2006.

1. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

What's the best way to get songs off my ipod? Conveniently, my hdd with all my music died. Ive tried going into the ipod and copying all the files manually, but it keeps freezing up after copying 5 or so songs. with 5000+ songs, this isnt exactley an option... Ive downloaded EphPod, but it seems this only gets music ON to the ipod... am I wrong about this? what should I do?

2. uwannabigmak

I've concluded that its a problem with the ipod. Whenever I try to transfer anything to or from it, it freezes up. This is, putting it mildly, a major annoyance. I don't think its a heat problem, as Ive tried running a fan over the ipod. The back isn't even very hot when I try to touch it.

Actually, I'm trying it on my dads computer (I'm on my laptop as my main rig is down) and its working fine. Theres something wrong with my laptop. :(

3. uwannabigmak

Never Mind. I think some of the song files are corrupt. When I try to transfer these files it freezes up.

4. ST8

ST8 What's a Dremel?

I know for a fact that foobars foo_pod plugin will let you copy stuff back, it will also sort according to tag etc if you need to recreate directory structure :)

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

what i do, is search for all .mp3 and .m4a on the ipod volume in windows (including subdirs and hidden files, of course), copy that over, then fire up Tag&Rename to get all the filenames back. sorted. longest part is copying the files over - T&R does its thing really, really fast.

Tags: