News Sega set for Revolution

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 24 Mar 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

YAY!
    My list:

Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    Sonic & Knuckles
    Golden Axe
    Cannon Fodder
    Earthworm Jim
    Lemmings 2
    Mortal Kombat (not sure which one
    The Simpsons - Bart's Nightmare (aah, memories)
    Bomberman!!

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Streets of Rage Trilogy

/has fit

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

sweet.....
    i never was a old skool gamer but some of these games i played at other peoples houses.

5. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

My list:

Flashback (coolest game ever)
    Sonic
    Streets of Rage
    Super Monaco GP and Super Monaco GP 2
    Zero Wing
    Shadow Dancer
    Splatterhouse 2
    All the Lakers vs Cletics, Bulls vs. Lakers, Bulls vs. Blazers...nba games by EA
    Golden Axe
    Truxton... can't remember if it was that good, but it was the first MegaDrive game I got... comparing it to my old 8-bit Sega Genesis was the most impressive jump in technology I've ever witnessed.

6. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

ahh i cant wait to show eveyone the joys of poor translations

:D

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

The Revolution really is appealing to me mroe than any of the other next gen consoles atm. I already have an xbox so don't need to invest in games which are merely going to be the same as what is currently available to me, just with newer graphics and storylines. The Revolution looks sleek, sexy, and has some incredibly cool innovations. The fact that it'll be able to take the place of my Megadrive and provide me with access to 700odd titles is just brilliant, and I hope they expand the catalogue to incorporate some of the other older consoles. :thumb:

<A88>

8. [sinz]

[sinz] What's a Dremel?

Before this announcement I really wasn't sold on the revolution. The bizarre controller and lack of HDTV support kinda left it looking a little lackluster in my view but now I think I'm sold. Although, I'm not sure how playing the old Genesis (Mega Drive) classics on that funky gamepad will be. Perhaps if the controller port/wireless allows different gamepads that resemble those of the old systems then I'll be in for one for sure.

I loooooved those games. Other than those I really liked the Fatal Fury games (although they were ports from the Neo Geo games). I never owned them but I rented them a few times and thought they were great fighting games. One of my favorite games was definitely Road Rash. My friend and I spent all night earning the most expensive bike in the game and I got to race it first. Unfortunately I crashed and burned totaling the bike so we never got to use it again and never had the motivation to earn it all over again.

I REALLY wish they would add sega CD games too, I had a few of those I really loved. Unfortunately I sold all my Sega gear to buy my gf a birthday present when I was in high school. I guess since we're still together 9 years later it was a pretty good investment but oh what I wouldn't give to have that stuff back right now. Buying it off ebay or something simply wouldn't be the same as having my old stuff that I opened up on xmas mornings and on birthdays :sigh: and sadly I can't remember all the games I had.

I also find it pretty cool that such simple games entertained us so much back then. Looking at the titles lots of them seem so ridiculous and basic instead of today's insanely elaborate stories (which I also quite like). IMO the 80and early 90s were the best time to be a kid.

/needs a time machine

9. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

/joins in

w00t!

10. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

Couldn't agree more. This feature of the Sega and Nintendo back catalogues is great. Maybe we could see some even more retro games added to the list? Bring on some Amiga goodness :thumb:

11. ychamp

ychamp What's a Dremel?

I think i'm gonna love the rev with new metroid prime that has new controls could potentially replace halo. YAY

Tags: Add Tags