1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks doing this before I discconect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by windwakerfan, 4 Jun 2006.

1. windwakerfan

windwakerfan Banned

my modem keeps disconnecting then connecting on me. At first I thought it was my cable, because I use my eternent cable for both the pc and x-box, but I realized that my mom been disconnected when she goes on her laptop. I think it could be the atenna because it is petty bent. or that my modem is always on. what do you guys think? Thank you for whoever replies.

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Could you be clearer? What has a ethernet cable got to dowith the antenna?

I'm assuming here that your PC and X-Box are connected to the modem via ethernet and your mum's laptop is connected over wireless. The bent antenna shouldn't affect anything apart from range and speed since it's only a little wire inside it!

If both wireless and wired is being disconnected then it's probably your modem. Either is cannot cope with continuous data transfer (is it hot? Perhaps its overheating) or it has problems syncing with your telephone line (assuming of course you have ADSL). If that has always been the case then it could be your telephone line and there isn't much you can do about it apart from asking for lower interenet speeds are perhaps get a new modem.

If it's a recent thing then it could be the modem going funny, perhaps get a new one?

3. windwakerfan

windwakerfan Banned

alright, My modem is wireless,but accepts eternet cables. Your right about that the modem could be overheating, I feel a slight hot spot one it. Thanks for the advice

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

A slight(ly?) hot (warm?) spot is normal. Try to be a bit clearer, name models and ISP for a start.

5. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

A recent (< 14 days) regrade to IPStream MAX could result in behaviour like this.

Tags: