News New Apple OS screenshots

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 23 Jun 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

looks good but lets see some real time video or more screenshots, if it has the hole thing it will be pretty cool :). With the power of the Macpro should be able to handle realtime 3d stuff like that :).

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Could this be real? Natively running Win-Apps in MacOS X? I hope so! ;)

Isn't that, what we all were waiting for :clap:

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Can I be the first Anti-mac person to say "I dont get what all the fuss is about with macs. They are just over-priced hardware and the software doesn't run enough regular windows apps/games nativley" ? :p
    To me it looks pretty similar to the previous versions of MacOS that I played with (and dis-liked) and really, virtual desktops isn't exactly something new, Linix has had it for... since I can remember. BUT it is nice to see it being implimented in a commercial OS :thumb:

Naturally though I'm still skeptical (sp?) that it will run Windows applications nativley as people are speculating and even if it does, I guess it won't have support for any games. At this time though, who knows! I guess we will find out more from Apple nearer the time.

macs are still for "fanbois" only though. :p

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Tabbed finder would be nice :) Virtual desktop effects are nothing special though... I've got those already with whatever virtual desktop manager came with Smackbook.

biosniper... umm... no. First, why would you expect OSX to run Windows apps natively? Would you expect Windows to run OSX-only apps (yes, there are quite a few) natively? Didn't think so. For the record, I'm happier with OSX than I *ever* have been with Windows, so IMO it's worth the price. I don't see myself buying an upgrade to Leopard, but even still, $99 is a lot more fair than the $299 that ol' Bill asks for a full XP Pro license.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I would never switch away from my pc, but only because of games... However I like the idea of this new OS and i would love to have a mac as a secondary computer.

7. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

pretty much, anything to show MS that they cant keep a stranglehold on the OS market, if gamers can move away, then i bet MS will be a real kick up their A$$'$

8. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

The internet explorer is IE7 like in Vista. I wonder what was wrong with Safari?

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Would move to a Mac - much of my reason for not is gone now due to Boot Camp - but when I can get a system of identical or higher spec for half the price (Macs are so expensive in the UK...) if I buy a PC, why would I buy a Mac? Plus, I can build a PC myself, which is half the fun. ;)

10. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

LOL, it looks so horrible. Windows Vista looks so much nicer. I think they've forgotten the special word KISS (Keep It Short & Simple).

11. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Vista, Short and Simple? You got to be kidding...

12. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

rofl. Simple?

13. saeghwin

saeghwin What's a Dremel?

I was a Mac user for like 3 years, ending about 7 months ago. They're all nice and sweet, but at the bottom line: it just gets old. The little visual effects and eye candy are fun at the beginning, until you begin to realize they are entirely pointless and that PC's--even if you are stuck in that whole "anti-Microsoft" mindset--are a better choice (at least for me).

I hate it when people argue over which system is better; they try to justify why they think one system unequivocally surpasses the other. It's so childish. Apple is no different than Microsoft in the end, they just have a better design team.

14. sgr55

sgr55 What's a Dremel?

Well until most screenies/ videos become availible i think i'll hold back making a decision if their real or not.

As a recent switcher to mac (shinny new macbook replacing old dell laptop) it looks really good if their is indeed support for windows applications. I am wondering if its somthing similar to rossettta/wine that emualtes API/DLL calls etc.

Should be interesting to find out. Certainly if it does truely support windows apps i for one will be upgrading. It would be so useful to be able to run MS office 2003 on here. Mac office is pretty lame.

Only thing i dont like about macs are i find them restritvie in desktop space. for 1280x1024 on windows i mange along quite fine, although i will want to get another 19"er. but on mac it just seems crampt. Virtual desktops would certainly help out in that respect.

must keep an eye out for more of these.

15. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Yes the design of the interface is simple actually. The little animations like when the windows minimize and restore, are kept short.

16. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i'm sorry but it's not that simple, control panel is a fine example

17. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

Quoting from the blog post here:
    ROFL :D

18. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

That title bar in IE7 would read:
    Apple - MacBook Family - Microsoft Internet Explorer
    But in their picture it has
    [Microsoft] Internet Explorer: Apple - MacBook Family

Also, if you open that page (link) in IE7, and narrow the window down, it doesn't space each side evenly - but Safari does.

Looks like a Photoshop job to me.

ch424

19. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Looks sweat but I think i need to see a video of the OS in action, though i am a PC/windows user primarily i am NOT a mac hater and believe that both systems have positives and negatives, this boot camp of course a positive and if the images are 100% genuin and the next version of OSX will be on hell of an OS with virtual desktop in a main stream operating system. But I would not buy a Mac desktop but for laptops and the lower priced MacBooks then I would consider it especially if virtual PC is a new functionality of the next OS...

20. saeghwin

saeghwin What's a Dremel?

The people over at Macrumors.com have pretty much settled it as fake. Mainly because it is showing DDR RAM, while the computer usually shows DDR2 in the About This Mac window. Also, a bunch of stuff about shadows and text analyzation, etc.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/06/20060623081820.shtml

Last edited: 23 Jun 2006
Tags: Add Tags