Case Mod - In Progress Feeding Frenzy: November-11-2009 video card fan installed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Top Nurse, 23 Sep 2005.

1. NaThRo

NaThRo What's a Dremel?

Withdrawal

Over a month without an update... I'm strating to suffer withdrawal...

2. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Me too, but I am stuck on the MB main power loom connector. Can't decide whether to just use heatshrink over the colored wire or rip the whole thing out and start over again. :sigh:

The 6800 Ultra's didn't make it as the foot surgery busted my computer budget for a while. :( However, the silver TwinPlex should be here sometime next week. So I guess I will start saving up for a pair of Asus 7900 GTX's and use my TwinPlex Pro's on them as originally planned. :sigh:

3. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Some Mosfet action

Sorry guys, but I had to make a trip to the hospital after getting really sick and ended up having emergency surgery on my infected foot. :waah: Just haven't felt like doing much and I have been doing a bit of work just not enough for an update. Gotta get some more Vicodin (better living through better chemistry) :D

Still working on the PSU wiring and I have to go locate some molex connectors or solder on some remnants from when I cut it all up a while back.

I did put in an ASUS AC mosfet block. :) So here are some pics.

Here is the way it was before I got busy.

[​IMG]

Here are some pics of it taken apart and of course after the addition of the ubiquitous button head screws.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here it is after I installed it. Not sure if that bend to the waterblock will be okay, but try that with a high flow tube. :hip:

[​IMG]

4. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

damn the bend to the asus mosfet block is really cool. Hope it holds.

hope your foot will be okay too :worried:

5. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I am keeping my fingers crossed when I leak test it as I really like the look. :worried: However, the fix is fairly easy as I will just reverse the XT and that will give me a bit of manuvering room on the tubing.

Thanks for thinking about me getting better. :D This last 6 months has been the pits. :waah:

6. DR_D

DR_D What's a Dremel?

is this project on hold?

7. OldY

OldY What's a Dremel?

hope this project hasn't stopped!!!! :D

8. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

"Top Nurse: Last Activity: 26-04-2006 00:29 " looks like someones got caught up in real life :(

9. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

whats a "real life" :confused:

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

girlfriends...... cost more money than PC's.........

11. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

depends on how often you upgrade them i guess.... :p

12. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Ladies are the best, I have practically given up computers for a year to come over here (England) for My Girlfriend.
    Did put a BIG dent in my plans for going to Uni this year, but then there is always next year.
    I also agree, were have you gone oh magnificent modder. Dont let that accedent foul up your beautiful work

13. thriteenthmonkey

thriteenthmonkey What's a Dremel?

PCs or girlfriends?

14. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Both.

15. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

This is a cool mod and as a amatuer copper worker at age 16 I would suggest soft wall copper tubing for precarious bends just pack the copper with sand or salt tightly crimp both ends bend it carefully to shape and use crimp style blocks. Can use large diamater and get tight radiuses without losing much flow at all.

16. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I have been giving some serious thought to starting the FF project up again. It is really depressing to see $2-3K worth of Aqua Computer goods in my closet every time I open it not to mention all the Raptor hard drives stacked up in the corner. :sigh:

I think I will pay a visit to PC Power and Cooling soon so I can get them to make me up a custom loom as that is where I got off to a problem. :dremel:

17. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

HOLY **** !! Wow, it'd be awesome to see this project get back on it's feet. I'm sure everyone Here and at the Hardforums will be happy to know you haven't moved to Hawii and given up computer modding. Anyways let me be the first one to welcome you back!!!

ps Start modding again whenever you feel ready (hopefully). :D

Last edited: 1 Mar 2007
  18. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

WB Top Nurse. I for once thought you were gone to the moon or something.. This was one of my top favourite mods to see completed and I (and others) was desperately waiting for that tick in the mail box indicating that something would happen. I hope you are feeling well again.
    Best wishes
    Stefan

19. KlavKalashj

KlavKalashj What's a Dremel?

Oh my God. That's all I can say. I found this thread, thinking about if I would read it, and when I now am done, this might be the best mod i EVER seen. And the thread ends with people asking if it is on hold? PLEASE TN finish this mod. It is so amazingly great and my life will not be complete if you don't:) Anyways, really really REALLY really good work, I am in love with you. (Yes, you may have my phone number xD)

20. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

good the hear the project could be back on track!