News Crysis minimum specs released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Jul 2006.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

They told us several times that the videos and screenies we've seen thus far are from DX9. We've known that for months, despite what the little summary bit seems to indicate.

Anyways, I'm ready for it, though something tells me that 'recommended' doesn't mean I'll be playing it at my current settings preferences. Or anywhere near them for that matter.

2. CAL3H

CAL3H What's a Dremel?

Sweet looks like I'll be playing @ VGA res on my rig :(

I wonder if AMD are planning some magicto be out in time for Crysis with this ATi partnership?

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm below the reccomended, but frankly I'm very surprised my kit(oppie and 6800GS) will be able to play the game at all. After seeing the screenshots, I figured it'd do to the hardware requirements of the best games what Oblivion did, that is, double them.

With AMD cutting processor prices by an average of 51%(no typo there, fifty one percent) there's really not going to be much reason for those on lower end S939 systems not to have a great S939 processor.

4. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Hmmmmmmmm maybe this is the nudge i need to upgrade to an opteron, and a better graphics card...RAM can wait...

5. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know where the Pentium M falls on this lineup?

I meet all the specs except for a 2.0 ghz pentium m (centrino) platform.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

A P-M 2.0 should be a bit within the minimum. It's a good core, especially when it comes to gaming. If it's a celeron-m then forget it, but if it is actually a proper P-M you should be fine. I wouldn't take those minimum specs as meaning a whole lot though. Minimum isn't listed for people to run medium everything on, it's 800x600 low everything and it'll probably look horrible.

Personally I'd consider the reccomended specs to the very minimum it's worth playing Crysis with. I know that Farcry was a good shooter besides the graphics, but the graphics were and still are an integral part of why that game is so fantastic(they're LUSH). I know for sure I won't bother with anything less then a 7800GTX. Somtimes it's worth waiting untill you've got the right kit.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I was expecting a much better spec for the recomended. I would of thought they would of recomended a SLI or crossfire setup with a physics card.

8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I as well assumed that the recommended specs would be much heftier than that.... so that's a big relief. I'm kinda off... but in time I'll get it there.

9. stephen2002

stephen2002 What's a Dremel?

My computer meets everything in the "recomended" list but the GPU ... and I can't upgrade that anymore, it's an AGP 6800GT. Oh well.

10. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

Im not even going to bother with a "big" upgrade untill vista and dx10 launch. There is no point, i can wait till december to upgrade, by that time quad cores will be out. and this AMD ATI mess will have been sorted out.

11. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

Big relief...

I'm well above the recommended (X2 4200, x1900XT, 2Gb RAM). Still, the *recommended* specs to play F.E.A.R. are quite lower and I still feel that my PC is just *barely* able to run it at 1680x1050 with all settings maxed and 4xAA (the frame rate is adecuate, but not stellar, and there are hitches when entering new rooms). Given that the x1900 series are optimiced for shader heavy games but aren't yet overkill for F.E.A.R., I expect I'll have to make lots of concessions in terms of AA and graphical detail to run Crysis at 1680x1050, recommended specs or not...

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I was allready saving some money every month because my rig needs a upgrade anyway, current system has a amd 3500 with 2gb ram and 6800gt card all wc cooled

So after six months i upgrade the platform to a new dualcore proc (intel or amd, dont know yet), hopefuly a dx10 card and a new mobo. i think this would set me back about 1000 euro but considering i have my current rig for almost 3 years. it is a cheap upgrade to do.

13. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Hmm - gives me enough time to migrate from my amd62 X2 4800+ to a quad code Intel.. ;)

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

Hey guys - it turns out that this story is not from an official source.

Crysis-online is a fansite and the specifications listed are based on assumptions made by an avid Crysis fan. The only official specifications so far are:

Minimum: 2.0GHz CPU, 512MB of RAM and a SM2.0 card
    Recommended: Multi-core processor and a high-end SM3.0 card or a DX10-based card

I have added an update to the bottom of the story.

15. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

Mine meets those min spec by a lot... We'll see how the demo reacts..

16. BFGunrunner

BFGunrunner What's a Dremel?

I dunno about my pc???.... I'll probally be able to play it no problem but have to trun down some settings.

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Thanks for the correction, Tim. I was unable to get back to the website after aggies11 mentioned it, and I was not aware the site was not licensed by crytek officially. Thanks for the catch, aggies!

18. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Oh dear, how did Bit Tech let that slip by lol

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

Incredibly busy day, amongst other things - the AMD-ATI thing took over most of my day.

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

maddeningly busy. And honestly, when reading the site, they certainly seemed genuine, so we had little reason to doubt. But, was indeed my error.

Tags: Add Tags