1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shots you want to take, but cant

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Guest-16, 27 Jul 2006.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Describe the shots you long think about that will be good but cant because it either takes too much time to setup, you dont live in the right country, dont have enough money, dont know the right people etcetc

Two I want are:
    Firstly someone dressed up in dark suit, white shirt, black tie and shades. Camera angle upwards and they are pointing a see-through green waterpistol into the camera. Secondly is like it, but a replica of the army/airsoft or CS shots you see but with super-soakers in a forest, throwing brightly coloured water baloons. I think they'd be well funny.

2. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

The first idea has been done before, exactly as you described but instead of a green water pistol, it was some other brightly coloured toy gun and shot with an extreme wide angle lens.
    Can't remember where I saw it but I know it was in HK and done by either someone Chinese or Japanese.

3. RTT

RTT #parp

Landscape shots from the Rockies :) Next year, woo!

4. olv

olv he's so bright

Backcountry skiing/snowboarding. don't have the right equipment at the moment, primarily a telephoto lens. Hopefully this season I'll be able to go.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

FS! All my mental work in tatters.

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Did a similar self-portrait a few years ago, except different angle... different weapon.

Poor scan of a print, sorry.
    [​IMG]

Got loads of them :D

[​IMG]

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea that's kind of the one, Pook, cept with a bright fluorescing water pistol. I have the shot from Reservoir Dogs in my head. Yea, it's probably been done to death :( So it was a memory, rather than an original thought :(:(

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I can't believe what a total spanner I look in that shot! :hehe:

9. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

most of my shots are generic things like herd of lines silouetted against a setting sun, landscapes of canada/new zealand. the important thing in all these shots is that I was the one taking them.

10. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

The inside of the swedish under-21's female volleyball team changing rooms..

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

How about taking the shot through a glass floor, upwards.
    At least you can call that art, rather than something for your private collection.

12. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

he doesnt make anymention of the volleyball being there....mebby they have really nice lockers.....

13. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I agree with Bindi on that one.

I too would like to take landscape shots of the Rockeys. I should go walk over (ok, I'd have to take a bus, but still!)

I really like shots of water in motion (don't have ND filter(s)).
    Shots of the win fields in Europe. My step dad tells me it looks really nice.

Several other shots. I love taking waterfall pictures, and other shots of general wild life.

Also, shot into the sky with a 5 minute timer showing the rotation of the earth (streaking the stars in the sky). There is just too much light polution at night in the summer time here in Calgary.

A multiplicity shot of myself fighting over a cereal box at the breakfast table, whilst knocking over a bowl of milk/cereal that belongs to another self. Would be quite neet. It would probably be really hard to setup too. Though, I might give it a try this weekend if time permits :)

I guess I could go on for a while on shots I'd like to take.

14. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

I'd like to do any sort of studio work, less to do with the images and more to do with having a go with the equipment more (so far I've just done a week of work experience in a studio). As far as actual photos are concerned I'd love to go to the tiered paddy fields/farms in China (used to know a site with loads of amazing, vibrant shots from there but the bookmark got deleted at some point) but the travel expenses would make it a bit impossible at the moment.

15. Kobalt

Kobalt What's a Dremel?

I want to do one that no one and i mean no one can do :hehe:

A shot of the left overs on one of the moon expedition of the saturn days.
    Imagine the emptiness, the desolation, all the equipement with 10 years of space dust on them,and the earth in the black sky behind :) It would be even more stunning than the picture of the titanic .

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I don't think there would be much dust on them. Actually, except for what got stirred up when they lifted off the moon, it should look just like the day it was dropped, which is a statement in itself.

17. Kobalt

Kobalt What's a Dremel?

Well since 100 tons of space dust falls on the earth every day, i think there would be dust but anyways,like you've said the pic would still be awsome.

18. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

I still want to set up the 'hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, multiplicity shot.. but the amount of stuff I need to set up and processing needed is prohibitive at the moment... maybe next week end.