News Wii Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Aug 2006.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

what about the FUN rating? for me it is the thing that counts more, and if i can play old school games from my child hood then i will get a wii, and if you have not noticed, it is realy smaller that the 360 and the PS3.

i have a small question, does anyone know if it will come with a dvd player?

2. Vergil_117

Vergil_117 What's a Dremel?

Reins, zelda TP on the cube alone looks amazing, and I bet will keep me busy for at least a month or two.

3. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

If the can produce fun games, that keep me entertained, I don't care about the specs. Much like someone else said, I love my N64, I still play the bloody thing. Golden Eye and Perfect Dark are two of the best games EVER made, and Mario 64....well thats always fun to play around in too!!

Good games will always win in the long run, personally I'm going to get a Wii so I can play the orginal games.....not because the dude I just shot looked real....

4. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

it will be more than powerful enougth. the gamecube is powerful enougth for the best games ever.
    it will be amazing fun. and thats all we need. a games consiole is that. a games console. not a swiss army knife with a rocket up its rear

keep it simple. make it fun. make it amazing
    come on nintendo :rock:

5. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

Nintendo will have millions of games at launch and all the money i save buying 1 over a ps3 can go to my quad core fund :thumb:

6. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I don't really care about the specs... if it's at the right price. ;)

7. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

i thought thats all the wii was ever gonna be, a souped up gamecube ...
    Ninty dont like making big advances ....

8. CAL3H

CAL3H What's a Dremel?

great satire :)

I don't 'buy' the above specs anyway - even so its irrelevant. Got my DS yesterday and selling my psp - makes me appreciate going back to ninty after a good few years, their games are original and addictive. The PSP games I had looked superb but were downscales of what I have on PC/PS2. Has anyone played that mario 64 ds extra game where mario is falling and you need to 'draw' trampolines for him to bouce and reach the exits? That is just one of those magic, simple games. Playable for 5 minutes - just as a portable should be. For me, if the Wii is anywhere near as original and entertaining as the DS (and it should be), Nintendo are on to a winner.

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You haven't used a playstation or DVD player on the component-in on the Dell 24" screens? Those are ugly too. No color problems, but certainly aliased to heck and back, and overall poor IQ. Very grainy too, like high-speed film.

But you know what? If I can play my old games, I could care less. I don't even especially care about the new ones. But we'll see. I don't think I'll be first in line, but I won't be the straggler waiting for the third price drop either.

10. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Well, I must say I am a fan of powerful consoles, and I cant wait for a PS3. Sure, it's expensive, but I have a few reasons why I want one- 1) I love Sony (despite their DRM. . .) 2) I hate Microsoft (and Halo) 3) I want a Blu-ray player, 4) I want to play keep all my PS2 games, and 5) I think big games (MGS and GTA) will most likely continue to release on Playstation and then later on XBox.

I think the Wii will do alright with it's specs, I mean thats better specs than what all the last gen consoles had. There is no doubt in my mind that the PS3 and 360 will have far better graphics, but the Wii's graphics cant be really bad. Nintendo does have gameplay going, but theres only so many version of Mario I can play before it gets old.

L J

11. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

^ And there's only so many versions of GT, MGS and Fifa that I'll play before I get old.

12. dullonien

dullonien Master of the unfinished.

Hmm, I was hoping for a bit better specs than that! I didn't want multi core prossesors, next gen media drive or hd, but i was hoping for something with better specs than my 1998 pc.

I suppose if the visuals are anything like what bungie managed to squeeze out of the original xbox with halo2 it's deffinately gonna be an awesome console.

I suppose at first I was a bit annoyed that they are basically selling an overclocked gamecube back to us again with a new controller, does that justify the price? considering they developed it and made a huge proffit last time around.

Hope you get the point I'm trying to make. I'm still gonna buy one though lol.

13. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

You what?

(1) where does $700 come from? Last I heard, PS3 was slated to cost $499-599 and the 360 currently weighs in at $299-399.

(2) please please please tell the forum the magic website you've discovered that sells a motherboard, bleeding edge multi-core CPU, RAM, uber-future-GPU that hasn't even been released yet, HDD, optical drive, case, PSU, keyboard and mouse all for the bargain price of $700? Because I'll have some of that.

14. BoomAM

BoomAM What's a Dremel?

No, they havnt. Some of their products have been marketed as, but not all of them.
    And what their target audience has to do with the specification ive no idea. :yawn:

I think its pathetic that people are making such a deal over its specs. Now with people taking second thoughts about buying one based on specs! Put bluntly, its pathetic really.

And i think its un-fair to compare the GC on a 1920 screen to a normal HD screen with other consoles.
    I have my GC running over RGB component for my PAL games, on my HDTV, and it looks pretty dam good. The ProgScan NTSC games look better still.

15. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

I will sure as hell buy a Wii no matter what the graphics are. I mean when it comes down to it, a console is made for fun and for eye-candy. If that is the case then you should indeed either buy a top notch pc or a ps3/360. But Wii will again be something else. I mean sure if those are the true specs then...well bummer but at the same time if it provides that much fun via the wiimote then I cannot complain one single bit. I have no idee when its suposed to be lunched in europe but I will get my hands on one as soon as it comes out.

I am also into the system specs TBH...but as I mentioned when in comes down to it I'd rather have a s**tload of fun than watch the specs all day.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What TV are you using beacuse Ive tried the GC on 3 different types of HD screens with component input and none have looked at all good.

A couple of developers are actually pulling out of supporting the Wii because it's underpowered and they cant easily port back from 360/PS3/PC.

I dont care about the power, just as long as it had a decent A/V out, which it doesnt, and had enough power for some AA if people did decide to use it at a HD resolution (but not OUTPUT in HD). You can't have a retro feel, in a new console. There is no retroness to reiminise in if it's a first time experience.

I find it hard to believe that in 5 years they could only economically manage a maximium of two fold improvement in features. Because: at the end of the day, you need power/space/etc to build and develop into. If you want to add all this stuff and have to cut features cause the console cant handle it in 2/3/4/5 years time that's not a good foresight.

17. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

3rd party support has never been great for ninty's consoles, and somehow I'm not sure I'de be buying games that are released on 360/PS3/PC for the Wii. I want a Wii for the different games, the fun games, and the social games not dumbed down ports.

18. fathom17

fathom17 What's a Dremel?

Why bother buying it then if you dont want to play your old games or new games?

19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Urgh, I hate games that are produced for all platforms. They inevitabley have problems and drawbacks. They're always primarily focussed at one platform, and users of all the other platforms get screwed because they have a lesser experience for the same money. Fewer multi platform games are nowt but good.

20. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Well put.

If i want uber real graphics with no gameplay or replayability (and we all know that we do sometimes) then buy a ps3 or xbox 360.

Tags: Add Tags