News Nintendo, Microsoft sued over controller patents

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 4 Aug 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I have to wonder if Sony isn't behind this somehow.

<conspiracy theory>

Maybe they're spending a little cash to divert attention from all the bad news about the PoS3 and screw with the competition at the same time. Obviously they have some sort of past business relationship with this company. :worried:

</conspiracy theory>

2. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

This just about sums up the tech world.

Stupid.

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Cthippo you may be up to something :D

edit: i cant seem to find Anascape Ltd webpage. :worried:

4. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I can't seem to find it either. Odd.

5. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

Interesting......one of the things about patents improvements that could help in these sort of situations is to give a time limit after announcing the product\intelectual property. I.e. 2 years after the product was realeased on a mass scale(thinking of consoles here), sueing shouldn't be allowed to take place. If they trully have the patent and ther rights they should have more than enough time to take this to court....not now after x years when the whole world is using the tech.

And if this is the case than why is only Ninty and MS getting sued? After all they could sue Sony or Sega..or any1 who ever produced those things. The smell of conspiracy coming from somewhere(read Sony). But this is just a hunch.

No webpage??? This is odd....too odd IMHO. And BTW WTF did this company ever produce??? If it exists then at least there should be some refrence...and if it produced consoles then I think at least some1 in BT would've known about it. A strange case anyway. Also it is a very bold move from a company that no1 ever heard about to sue some1 like MS or Ninty...not to mention both

I hope that MS and Ninty burry them 6 feet away from hell. The way I see it, they will be taken down.

6. Nezuji

Nezuji What's a Dremel?

I always thought that this was exactly the case. A bit of checking shows that the US does have a statute of limitations on patent infringement lawsuits. The only problem is that it's a blanket six years. Far too long in the modern age. Funnily enough, it seems that the PRC has a limiting period of only two years.

Would that not be Sega? *Rimshot*

Nezuji :)

7. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Apparently the only thing this company has ever done is to patent game controllers decades after they were invented and then sued MS and Nint. Google turns up nothing except this lawsuit, so they obviously never produced anything that you can buy (like game controllers). What the heck do they do?

Tags: Add Tags