Windows Alan Wake on Intel Quad Core

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kenco_uk, 27 Sep 2006.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

link

A new psychological thriller game is demoed on a Core2 Quad cpu. Looks pretty good despite the video quality being poor. The Remedy person describes how just one cpu is dedicated to physics calculations.

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

super freaky awesome.. i just saw that on digg, looks amazing. Tbh, its looked amazing for ages.

Good ole remedy though choosing another cheesy name though! A.Wake... at least its better than max payne, hehe.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The twister piling through the building and picking up vehicles is pretty cool. Looks to be a huge gaming area.

4. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Thanks for the heads up; that was amazing. Will have to keep filling penny jar.

5. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

As long as you don't need to have an Intel quad core to run it. I certainly don't want to buy a CPU just to play a game :eyebrow:

6. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Man, that game looks so amazing. Not just the visuals, either, the open-endedness and adventure aspects make it one of the most promising titles on the market for the coming year. BioShock is similarly open-ended, but without the huge open vistas. Unfortunately it looks much like a System Shock 2 rehash...which is okay, since it would still be an amazing game, but I expected more eight years after Shock 2's release. We'll see...

Tags: