Real R/C Driving Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Endurance, 2 Oct 2006.

1. Graffix

Graffix What's a Dremel?

cant wait to see this, exelent idea :D

2. Endurance

Endurance What's a Dremel?

The application is done as of now, so the video is a little dated. So far the application I created is a full driving system. Steering wheel, pedals, pan/tilt control via headset, controls on the steering wheel re-center the camera, endpoint adjustments, inverted channel options, midpoint adjustments, sensitivity adjustmetns....you name it, it has it.

Ah....here is a screen cap, see for yourself.

www.endurance-rc.com/media/realdriverscreencap.jpg

3. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Far-left = 0, far-right = 255, so why does center = 150? Should it be 127/128? :|

4. Slakker

Slakker What's a Dremel?

I would guess that 150 is some sort of binary middle ground or something.

5. Endurance

Duste,

This is not the case, you must set your individual system up for your equipment. You define the endpoints and midpoints yourself via the buttons.

Normal controllers only send pulses from 1-2ms which gives about a 90deg range of motion. The interface I designed allows for a user defined pulse to be sent. Most servos can operate over this range without problems and you can actually get over 180deg of motion with standard servos. This is something you cannot do with the transmitter alone.

150 just happens to be the 1.5ms center pulse in this case.

6. Endurance

7. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Man, the dream of making a r/c tank complete with video now has become more easy... thx

8. pinus.spp

pinus.spp What's a Dremel?

Hi man , i'm student of Mecatronics Engineering... or you can call it.. Robotic. that car i'ts really amazing.. nice JOB man.. Keep it coming !

9. Endurance

Spaceraver,

Check this site out (if you didnt already). Its a group interested in tank combat with paintball. http://www.rctankcombat.com/ I dont think many of them have used a camera on the tanks to drive with, some have just used it for someone else to view.

10. Endurance

Version 2 is now up and running...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. led_zeppelinzoso

led_zeppelinzoso What's a Dremel?

Since when is there an E-savage???, it is brushless? does it have the same chassis as the savage, or is it like the Emaxx, and all striped down?

12. Endurance

Its actually a HotBodies E-Zilla. HPI owns them and switched it over to the "savage" name...probably because its a more profitable name. There are still Hotbodies logos all lover the cars parts.

It comes with dual brushed motors. It looks very similar to the savage chassis but I am not certain if anything has changed other than adding electric components.

13. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

go to hpiracing.com

look theres an e-savage :p

14. led_zeppelinzoso

led_zeppelinzoso What's a Dremel?

meh, I'm a traxxas guy myself. but I want the Thunder Tiger ST-1 so bad!!!

so anyway, I really like idea, how is the video quality with that thing, got any screen shots?

15. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

i had a hpi RS4 RTR 3 and my bro had a traxxas T-max we both sold them i myself need money for computer parts and my bro is 17 he dident need it any more my little bro still has his traxxas i forget wat its call but its electric im thinking about the hpi RS4 18SS kit fun to build and i can modifiy it and post it here somthing like this.

16. Endurance

Sorry no screen caps. The camera is 640x480 and to be honest, it really isnt the best camera. Its a cmos camera, ccd woul definatly give a better picture. On the goggles though the images looks pretty good but in low light it tends to get really dark.

17. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

this would be really cool for a sedan body, especially one set up for rc drifting. give a good "drivers view" like on TV of actual drifters. it could also possibly help in racing if the signal was transmitted wirelessly. make it more of a cockpit view than just watching it and possibly getting disoriented. ive never raced and rarely driven rc cars, so i might be wrong

18. Endurance

It is transmittet wirelessly back into a head mount display. The display also is what holds the head tracking sensors that move the pan/tilt base.

19. Endurance

RealDriver software has been updated. It is now possible to save vehicle profiles for different setups or cars.

20. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nice idea! :D