Sword Rendering

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by ace2go, 13 Oct 2006.

1. ace2go

ace2go What's a Dremel?

Any comments appreciated - Ideas on how to improve sword, or etc. REALLY appreciated. Modeled using Art of Illusion - If you have used this program - tell me how good U think I modeled with it please. Anyone else just tell me generally. Thanks

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

If there was meant to be an image attached to your host sadly I can't see it. My guess is that you left out the [ img ] tags.

3. ace2go

ace2go What's a Dremel?

Ooops - Here is the image....

[​IMG]

Here it is - Sword Rendering 1

4. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I'm no artist... and it could just be the angle... but it looks more like a dagger/bayonet than a sword to me?

A sword should have a longer handle IMO, enabling two-handed use if necessary - due to the weight?
    But I'd say even a single-handed sword should have a longer handle than that, so that you can brace even a little of it against your forearm?

But that's just my personal opinion of course! As I've admitted... I'm not an artist myself... so I'd wait to hear what those who are have to say, before considering making any changes :idea:

5. ace2go

ace2go What's a Dremel?

Good point about the "sword". I was trying to go for the "zelda" type look in making it - sorry, big fan.

6. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

It looks like the entire center of the picture has been fuzzed by the watermark. To improve the metal rendering, make sure you set the texture of the metal to be highly reflective, and if you can use environment mapping, pick the same textures as the background/room it's in. Other than that, I don't know enough about that program to say for sure.

7. ace2go

ace2go What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the tips ehrnam45

8. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

you're welcome. I've tinkered with Maya/3DS Max/Bryce a little bit, and know the concepts, but have yet to actually do something with it :/ Any new test pics?

9. ace2go

ace2go What's a Dremel?