News Sony wins EU import lawsuit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 20 Oct 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

yes like making lots of money off europeans who happily wait months and months then get ripped off.

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Stupid judge.

4. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

But people do the same thing on E-bay all the time. Import games, import systems, the list goes on and on.
    How is this any different?
    :confused:

5. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

Huh? The few hundred imports effects the sale of tens of thousands later on? It'll only help by tempting the friends and friends of friends that get an early import. I hate the corporate world this has become.

6. Djizasse

Djizasse What's a Dremel?

What's next? DVD releases? They're also staggered releases, by zones.
    Sony lately is making a lot of noise for the wrong reasons... they're not getting my money.

7. Springs

Springs Boing boing

why not do the easiest think.. have a world wide relase date...

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

What exactly made this a "grey market" activity? Were they smuggled - If these went through customs properly then aren't the governments of those countries involved too?

9. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

what? These weren't stolen psps so sony got the money from the sales, right?
    So...whats the problem? Other than that they look like they think europeans are unimportant and don't care about them. This is a bad precedent. Whats next import anime dvds? I know a couple million people worldwide who would be quite peeved if they couldn't import their crack, um I mean anime.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Ok so it seems like they're complaining that sony will be competing with sony over PSP sales. Oooookaaay.

I don't see how it's illegal at all, unless when buying a PSP theres some fine print saying you can't resell in any other country. But still, did sony tell them to stop before sueing them?

I suppose sony have to find a way to make the £250 million in projected profits drop back.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

BLAM!!!!!!!!! NONE OF MY MONEY WILL EVER EVER EVER EVER GO TO SONY!!!!!! i am European and i am proud of it. i dont care that they make the best consoles ever, realy, i dont care, they are a$$holes and behave like a$$holes and a$$holes dont deserve my cash.

in the maximum i will buy a second hand or third hand console and hack it so it will play imports/backups or realy realy realy cheap second hand games so sony wont get one cent from me.

staggered releases also make people very very very mad, and make them buy the next good thing and spend their money on other consoles and make your BLOODY CONSOLE FAIL BECAUSE NO ONE HAS ENOUGH MONEY OR PACIENCE TO PUT UP WITH YOUR ****!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant. i am seriously stressing with sony. i know sony is getting realy bad press here on bit, but i have eyes and i have more than one brain cell and i can see and examine the enormous amounts of **** that sony is producing each time i go to the internet.

edit:
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=212

Last edited: 20 Oct 2006
  12. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

I rearly don't see how anyone could side with sony even sony! what a crazy irational company. I hope they go banckrupt for been asses at the expense of profits and there shareholders not taking action.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Yeah you clearly demonstrated there you have 2 but did not use either of them.

It is silly sony doing that but its business. They have lost the extra icome on the hundreds of imports as that is hundreds of Europe PSP's at a Rip off price lost. And remeber Sony Europe is a seperate company to Sony of Japan. They are also 2 companies competing.

14. tuteja1986

tuteja1986 What's a Dremel?

This freaken sucks because sony only went to court because you could import an cheap PSP :(... like would rather buy an overpriced/late PS3 at local Shop in UK or import Japanese region free PS3 20GB model for $430USD + $50USD shipping fee.

15. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Ok, sony are pissed off because the psp was poor and didnt sell as much as they thought it would, so they place all the blame on an import company that wasn't doing anything imoral.

One county wanted a certain product, another country had plenty of them so they imported them, its an open market ffs.

I'm not surprised, they probably thought there was no way they could lose the case. I bet sony had a dozen high priced lawyers on this, arguing sony's stupid case as much as possible and pressuring the judge. Stupid judge.

I will never buy sony, i hope the ps3 fails, they either pull out of the console market or release another dud console and go bankrupt.

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i have very 1337 2 brain cells thank you very much, the rest of the brain is composed by a super computer based on futuristic high speed connections and systems based on the brain of the terminator that is quite superior to your primitive squishy brain :thumb: .

please consider the next:

A) sony makes people angry by making a air tight system that no one can import and export the console, it has less coverage because no one has it.

B) sony lets people import and export in a small quantity, people see other people use it and get jealous and want one......

what of the above will get Sony more money, even if it is Sony europe, once the console is launched?

Last edited: 22 Oct 2006
  17. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Hang about since when did big corporations dictate the law on free trade?!

18. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Since the time they started to have more cash than most governments unfortuntely

19. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:hehe:

Sadly that has some truth to it.

20. CAL3H

CAL3H What's a Dremel?

Blimey they really do have it in for us Europeans don't they?

You will be the last to be served. No you can't have a PS3 imported.

Tags: Add Tags