Project: Tester [needs name and ideas]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SIMSY, 10 Oct 2006.

1. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

Around about 2years ago when i first found forums like this i wanted to mod, unfortunutly i made the mistake of buying a pre-modded case, well now i have my othercase (project: carbonite) and my older premodded case has become a sort of tester case testing on this caase before my case in use so heres how it was 2years ago.

[​IMG]

at the time it was my pride and joy but when i realised i could actualy do anything to the case itself i just bought cathodes and silent fans and that was it but now its in my shed getting alot of modding done to it.

[​IMG]
    earlier today i trimmed back the 120mm tube and needs more done.

[​IMG]
    i got rid of the midle peice of the sidepanel which was in the 'z' shape

[​IMG]
    and removed the space for harddrives as i'll place it somewhere i can see the harddrive as i will chrome and polish the hardrive.

unfortunutly i cant get anymore pics of it as im going to Ireland early tommorow morning but will be back with this in a week or so.

and as it says in the name i need a name and a theme.

2. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Always good to see an old case made new.

3. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

Looks like you have a great start there SIMSY. Teaching an old case new tricks :dremel: looking forward to an update.

4. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK What's a Dremel?

intresting il be keeping an eye on this thread by the way what brand are those cathodes they seem to be actually red unlike half of em that turn out to be more like pink.

5. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

I'm back,
    its around 9 so its dark already so im not going to be able to get any workdone but ill lay out some plans i developed on holiday. [pics soon too]

well in the departure lounge i picked up one of my regular car modding magazines and inside were free fake bonnet pins which look pretty cool and real so instantly the car theme popped up but also on hols i started watching american hotrod a bit aswell so im gonna be going for a sleek smooth 'powerful looking' case. standby for more updates.

and Evil-Inc-UK the camera pulled of the redish look and in real life it was pinkish .

6. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

I'm always hapy to see someone take a raidmax under the knife :D

Gonna paint the inside? BTW wait with the name intill you got a theme og getting some progres ;)

7. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

I havent done alot more to the case just minor mods.
    I'm out of bondo so i need more becuse some of the front is crumbling away so i need to get some more :S

I have to use my dads camera as my phone isnt compatible with my operating system i have, i got vista beta on friday and it doesnt let me use my phone or my webcam and i lost photoshop so im not happy about that also i cant go back to xp :(

but heres how it lies atm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i might go for a hot rod theme more ideas welcome ?

8. *Shorty's*

*Shorty's* What's a Dremel?