Halloween party gone wrong... My drink was spiked with drugs

Discussion in 'Serious' started by FIBRE+, 30 Oct 2006.

1. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

On saturday I went to a Halloween Party at a club in London with my girlfriend and some of her mates (a total of 4 girls and 2 blokes in the group). We had a meal and a bit to drink before hand at her friends house where we were all staying. By the time we got to the club we were fairly merry but not wasted, we got in got our free drink started to chat and stuff danced around like idiots then after a few hours we sat down in a small seating area, we carried on chatting and drinking for some time. In the seating area appart from us there were a couple of older blokes around 40+, one of them was chatting to one of my gf's mates and she didn't look too happy about it, so I decided to join her to help her out. We all carried on drinking...

Then a few hours later I was out on the streets of london not really sure of whats happened but knew that I was **** scared of whatever happened and finding it difficult to do the most basic of tasks like get money out of a cash machine for a taxi, not because I was overly drunk but because of something else in my system, anyway I eventually got picked up by my gf and her mates and got back to theres ok.

After talking to my gf and people at home who I had phoned whilst under this trance I found out that I had actually been leaving with the group of people I had been out with, my gf said I was walking up the stairs behind them but when they got outside I wasn't there and after looking in the club I wasn't there either!.

My brother said I phoned him and I said I was with some Russain gangsters and I would either come home or be dead then he said a foreign voice said to put the phone down. I just about remember talking to some Russains and I also remeber trying to get a few taxis and they refused to let me get in because I had been with "those people", the drivers also looked worried. The trouble is I dont know how reliable my memory would be as whatever was in my drink could have been distorting reality but I do remember being really ****ing scared and running a lot.

I have no cuts or injuries (or organs missing), no pain anywhere, no money or cards missing, and I still have my camera, wallet and phone. I did loose my mullet wig and the batteries from my camera but thats not exactly worth worrying about.

I think basically the drink was for my gf's mate that was being bugged by the old guy, and once under this drug I basically stayed in the club arsing around like somone on acid (have pics in the club after my group left, which I dont remember) and then this drug overly exagerated reality and some russian people in gangster outfits become real gangsters in my head (as there were some dressed up, got pics and remember talking to them at the bar).

I think the most important thing is that I got it and not my gf or one of her mates, it's scary to think of what could of happened to one of them and I don't think I could live with something like that happening to somone I know.

Oh, I did some research last night and it looks like Rohypnol was used. It also looks like this is the latest aid in making robbery a lot easier.

Well thats just jolly isn't it :(

I'd appreciate if there was no stupid jokes as this is in Serious Disscussion

2. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Unlucky mate!

Hence why you should always keep an eye on your drink.

sounds like it could have been Ketamine, or Rophynol (sp?). There won't be any long-term side effects and at least you didn't get mugged or owt, which is quite an achivement when you've been ambling around London on drugs (trust me, I know :p) if you remember anything about the bloke perhaps you ought to tell the owners of the club/pub?

3. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

damn man i'm glad your ok from this.

what i want to know is why your camera batt, i mean why :worried:

4. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I managed to buy a packet of Galaxy Minstrels and a Ripple bar (chocolate) from a petrol station. Maybe I paid with the batteries seing as I didnt have any money (was paying by card that night as there was no cash machines near by). :confused:

EDIT:\ I don't think they would have argued with a bloke on some sort of bad trip with a ripped shirt and green and red face paint on.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2006
  5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I never leave my drinks un-attended, and when someone else does, I always ensure that I take their drink wherever I go.

Me and my mates have a signal which is that we point at our eyes then our drink and when someone nods it means they have it under watch.

6. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

All the drinks we had were at the table in this seating area, so I was rellying on the people I was with to look after them. If it was those guys that were sat there they were in arms reach so it would only have took a couple of secounds to pop somthing in there. Thats the problem though, you may only do something once and that could be the time where you get unlucky. I do normally carry drinks around and i'm usually quite sensible. Lesson learnt I think.

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

What club did you go to mate?

8. SJH

SJH Minimodder

I got spiked a couple of months ago. Forgot everything that happened for about an hour, then spent the rest of the evening paranoid as hell, looking over my shoulder every 10 seconds because I was convinced someone was going to get me or whatever.

Nowadays I try to stick to drinking from bottles and keep my thumb over the top when I'm not looking at it. I take it to the toilet with me as well so it's always with me.

Sam

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Unlucky mate, sounds like rohypnol to me also. Be glad you're alive and not injured or anything, and as everyone says, eyes on drink.

10. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Tryst - 222 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NB

Can't find an official site, here is the website for the people who were hosting the night... http://www.staggerin.com/Bash

11. Sputnik

Sputnik What's a Dremel?

I don't party often, but if I do go out with friends, I keep my drink with me the entire time. If I put it down somewhere and lose track and sight of it, I'll buy another drink instead.

Shame, friend of mine was drugged at an afterparty. She's alright, but what the hell is the point of an afterparty? Isn't the original party enough?

I just can't believe people would do something as stupid as spike someone's drink. That is really the dumbest and most irresponsible thing imaginable!

Sputnik

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I don't drink, and I don't go out (too young anyway), but unless I'm in a comfortable situation (I.e. at home) I'm always paranoid about my drinks.
    In any outing I usually keep an eye out for people acting oddly anyway.

Anyway, I think I remember something you could buy that would alter colour in the presence of a drug (popular in spiking). Might have just been some odd dream or something anyway.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Significant items highlighted.

Alcoholic blackouts are not unusual. To wit: http://www.duke.edu/~amwhite/Blackouts/blackouts19.html

Reports of alcoholic blackouts are well documented in the psychiatric literature. An alcoholic blackout consists of a dense amnesia for significant events which have occurred during a drinking episode, when at the time outward behavior perhaps seemed not disordered. Usually the gap extends
    for a period of several hours, but very occasionally, it may cover several days. There are detailed descriptions of the nature of blackouts. A quarter of documented cases found themselves in strange places with no recollection of how they got there. The wives of two of these patients reported that they could tell when a blackout was in progress, by their husbands’ glassy stare, belligerent behavior, or repetition of questions that showed that experiences were failing to register. These blackouts were described as "en bloc" and are distinguishable from fragmentary memory losses in which the person is
    unaware that events are forgotten until he or she is told about them later.

Not all bad news, though: an early investigation by Tarter and Schneider (1976) explored the possibility that alcoholics subject to blackouts might have some enduring impairment of memory when sober. Their results were uniformly negative and on a wide battery of neuropsychological memory measurements, those with the highest incidence of blackouts performed as well while sober as those in whom blackouts were rare.

ref: Tarter RE, Schneider DU (1976) Blackouts: relationship with memory capacity and alcoholism history. Archives of General Psychiatry 33: 1492–1496

So ease up on the drinking a bit, and take plenty of non-alcoholic liquids inbetween. And remember that common things commonly happen.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2006
  14. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I've never known people to have these unless they drink VERY heavily (I used to have a female friend who would drink two bottles of vodka in a night and sleep with anyone with no memory of it the next morning - that kind of thing) and if you were feeling a bit trippy afterwards it could very well have been liquid ket or royphynol (sp again). Someone spiked me with liquid ketamine once and I had a blackout - woke up feeling very wobbly and strange, as if I'd used it recreationally but a LOT of it.

15. Nexxo

How much alcohol you can tolerate, and thus what constitutes heavy drinking for someone depends on a lot of personal and circumstantial factors. Not being a heavy drinker usually, or being dehydrated from dancing around all night in a hot room doesn't help. If you happen to be one of the (very) few who are that way inclined, you can go psychotic on one drink...

Whether you are prone to alcoholic blackouts is also an individual matter. Some people are, some people are not. You may never know until one night some factors converge to make you unusually susceptible to the effects of alcohol and unusually drunk.

16. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Interesting read but I don't think it was that, I was drunk but by no means totally wasted. I had drank non alcoholic drinks most of that day and we had a good sized meal before we left for the club (which was fairly late). I was pretty much drink for drink with my gf and she can't handle anywhere near the ammount of drink as I can and she wasn't wrecked. I'm always the person that remembers everything so it's so out of the ordinary for me to forget such a large ammount of time. Thanks for the info though Nexxo

17. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

thankfully your all right also thankfully you posted here I say that because I have an 18 year old sister that lives in fulhams whose main job at the moment seems to be clubbing with her friends so I passed the msg along to avoid that club.

18. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Occam's Razor.

Not that I'm doubting FIBRE+ as such, but perhaps the less dramatic explanation should notbe discounted too quickly.

19. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

that is true i personally believe in better safe than sorry so at least this way she'll be more careful with her drink in the future just in case.

20. Nexxo

Either way, it is always best not to get drunk in public environments. When you are drunk, it is not only easier to lose control over your actions (and recall), but also easier to lose vigilance to people dropping suspect stuff in your drinks...

Stay sober. :thumb: