Graphics 9600 pro all-in-wonder

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Supra55, 9 Mar 2007.

1. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Well ATM I'm looking to upgrade my media pc. Currently its running an old P4 478 with a gig (two 512's) of ram. I plan to buy this mobo biostar and I already have the card at my dads house.
    Im just asking will a 480w PSU be able to support the card and what is the possibility of overclocking the card. BTW I do believe that the card is a PRO but since I don't have it ATM I can't be 100% possitive.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2007
  2. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

A 480W PSU is more than ample for a 9600 Pro, absolutely no worries there. I used to use a 300W piece of crap when I had my 9600. As for overclocking, mine used to do pretty well.

If you're serious about overclocking then you may need a better heatsink, as I seem to remember most 9600's had tiny heatsinks. Some cards were fitted decent memory that was rated higher than the stock speeds I seem to remember, so a good start is to read the codes off the memory chips and look them up. Either that or post them on here and I'll have a lookie for you.

I think the core runs at 400MHz at stock for a 9600 Pro. You should see 450MHz with a decent heatsink I rekon, maybe more.

3. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the help man :D

4. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Anytime. Let us know how it goes or drop us a PM if you have any problems :thumb:

5. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Just a note on the all-in-wonder card: The non-standard connector can get bent out of shape by just normal pugging in and taking out of the connector, so be careful with it. It has really long, weak pins, my friend has had to bend his back many times to keep his media center going.

6. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

overclocking will be able to be done EASILY on this card.. if u wanted a little bit more id also think of a better cooler (even watercooling)

Tags: