Project: Computer's King " Expensive " 8/12/2006

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ComputerKing, 9 Dec 2006.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

You just need a sufficient gear motor (they come with the gears), most electronic part shops sell these. Then you need a rod or some sort of cable that transfers the force to the door you want to move. Very simple mechanics. It's like in elevators! Motor has a cable connected to the shaft, the motor turns and the cable lifts the people.

In the case you just have to figure out a mechanism you can use by pulling a cable. I might be able to give some advices, but I'll have to think about it.

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

have a look at crimson's doom3 mod he used a cd drive motor to control his door im sure you could do something similar.

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

actually thinking about it you could modify a fan by cutting off all the blades. then use the spining motion to pull a cable (fishing Line maybe) that is attached by a series of pulleys to whatever you need to move.
    hmm i have thousands of ideas now on possibilities of this

4. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Im not an admin, nor heavily experienced on these boards, but ive been peeking for some weeks now.

Your project seems fine, but now you got almost 16 pages and no progress on your case.

If you read the rule-set, this thread breaks a few of the basic guidelines.

I simply think you need to work your mod a bit more, and just get things done instead of constantly changing plans.

No offense meant.

- Mr IK

5. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

This is a pretty messy log mate.

Perhaps you should do a little cleaning up, and make new post in this thread where you summarize on what happend so far.

6. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

Ill say.. <-- 69th post =]