1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What junk food should I buy? Urgent response needed

Discussion in 'General' started by gar, 31 Mar 2007.

1. gar

gar Minimodder

Ok, I am incredibly bored, and have £10 to spend on junk food. I want a good mixture of savoury and sweet items with something to wash it down while browsing bit-tech projects. What do I buy? (Uk food)

(excuse: I'm unemployed at the mo so have done everything else I can think of!!)

Yes, this may well be the most selfish and usless thread ever!

Last edited: 31 Mar 2007
  2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

You're going to need some salt and vinegar flavour crisps, the type that you can taste before you open them and turn your tongue white. Either Tesco brand chipsticks, or Sainsbury's twirls.

Get jam doughnuts if you can, and maybe some pretzels or pork scratchings for a "filling" element. Mango chilli kettle chips if you can find them.

3. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

go get some of those chicago town frozen microwave pizza things, some vinalla coke and a pack of wine gums :thumb:

4. gar

gar Minimodder

Yea! One of the nicest pizza's I've had. Crud I use to run on villa coke, but Can't get it in NI anymore! :wallbash:

5. gar

gar Minimodder

Yes, I can see that viabilitiy for the salt and vinegar (definately going to need some juice to wash them down.)

Yes, pork scratchings, I pick them up, but then loose my courage. Are they nice, cos they look rank!?

Lurvy jam dougnuts. Good choice. I'll see what tescos have!

More sugesstions welcome! I'll tell you all what I got and may post pic's (depending on boredom factor!)

Please suggestion urgently needed as I am going to shops on my scooter at 10:30

6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I hated them first time I tried them, had a bag about four years later and they were great. Stange really as they taste of salt more than anything else.

7. gar

gar Minimodder

Is it important to know what part of the pig they come from? I mean they're not pig ears are they?

8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

No, it's the skin, they burn the hair off, slice it into chunks and then roast it until it crackles and falls off.

Sometimes it's fried in fat though, depends on the ones you buy.

9. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

Traditionally its pork crackling (fat), but with modern varieties its probably just a mix of bulk cereals and flavourings etc.

Can't touch them myself (the thought of essentially eating fat by itself), but do quite like their smell.

10. gar

gar Minimodder

GULP. Ok, if they're there I'll buy them, but not if there's a disclaimer on the bag!

11. gar

gar Minimodder

Any last min sugesstions? Going in 2 min.

12. gar

gar Minimodder

Going, going... Gone. Well as soon as I go that is. Will post, post voyage!

13. robbybertu15

robbybertu15 <b>needs a job</b>

Pizza flavor blasted goldfish. Mandatory.

14. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

The suspense is killing me. What did you get!? :eeek:

15. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

This can't be healthy. I'm loving it!

16. K

K 528491

Tesco sells 4 cans of Strongbow for £2.19. That's pretty good going. Get that. x2 or 3 or 4. Plus some Kettle Chips.

17. gar

gar Minimodder

Well, I'm back! I'm working at pic's as of now. Crud, Tesco's was closed, but there was one shop open! HURRAY!

Bare with me a sec while I get the pic up!

18. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

You should have made a log of this. taking pictures of your walk down to the shop, the actual shopping and the walk back.

Of course, you should make a review of the things you got with a complete pros and cons list.

19. gar

gar Minimodder

Here's the low down!

[​IMG]

Well Tesco's as I said was closed, so I went to the local garage.:idea: No pizza's, pork scratchings> crud! :duh: Then went to the Chinese!

:idea: Bought in order of what I will eat first to last:

x1: Curry Half & half
    (thats half rice half chips for the curry cheap skate illiterate)

x1: 1.25L Share size coke.
    I drink this as I need, avoiding at all costs drinking while eating the curry (did you ever do that? Burns a bit)

x1 Ruffle bar.
    Something different I havent had in a long time & cheap

x1 Snickers duo
    This is the padding. I need to drink plenty during this eat cos I get heart burn and the coke is to wash it down better. (Hmm, wondering if coke woun't simply assit the hearburn? nts: rethink this)

x9 Time outs
    Easy to eat and you get the satisfaction of opeing pleasure & it lets me know weather I should have a break for tea/ different bar i.e 'time out' get it?

x1 Cadburies creme egg.
    Well it was at the counter. Do I need a reason to buy & eat this!?

x1 Can for S&V Pringles.
    This will be eaten through out the session. I was going to buy as multipack of Mc Coys, but afraid of not finishing them tonight I opted for the Pringles on the theory that once I popped I wouldn't stop.

Well, let the eating commence. The aim is to finish tonight. I don't know if all the choices were the best. Sometimes when you hesitate in the shop too much you make a bad choice. I'll review how I feel after I poish the lost off.

3 years ago I was a 10 stone athelete. Post injury I'm a 13 stone armchair eating machine! :waah: :D

[​IMG]

Sugesstions for improvments are welcome. Sorry for dodgy mobile pic.

I need to eat before the curry congeals. You know how it is.

By the way. I'm not sharing, but you may find some of this in the FS section if I fail the mission!

Last edited: 31 Mar 2007
  20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thats a very nice selection there...