News Halo 3 multiplayer beta on 16th May

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. TheDean

TheDean What's a Dremel?

Excellent news. I have wanted a 360 for a while now, but I'm going to wait for the 'Elite' to come out and I'll bag one of those I think. Anyone know whether an official UK release date has been announced for the Elite?

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I don't have to keep loading up Crackdown every day to check for the beta now :D

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Woot, I thought it was going to be in april though? Oh well

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

YES! at last, just the news i wanted :clap:
    This will keep me happy all day, unless XFX annoy me.

Sam

6. chrisuk

chrisuk What's a Dremel?

There is a video on the Bungie site detailing a bit more about multiplayer - looks awesome, even if the footage is Alpha stuff. Worth checking out, although I am still not sure what the x-button feature is...? (And that guy is awfully happy for someone who weeps at his desk every morning! hehe, I would be if I worked for Bungie though.)

7. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

The X button seems to used for deploying three new items, the 'shield bubble', 'anti-gravity pad' and the 'trip mine'...

8. chrisuk

chrisuk What's a Dremel?

Ahh, I did wonder if that was it - wasn't too sure, wasn't made totally obvious I thought (although you'll probably tell me now that they said, "the x button does...." :hehe: )

I'm so looking forward to this, it made the already sweet purchase of Crackdown even sweeter! Now I just got to hope my 360 is back from MS in time for beta (and that my exams don't clash!)

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Am I the only one that isnt bothered about this beta rubbish. Why dont they jsut come out with it and call it a demo and let everyone have ago. To me its the most hyped up game to date, people buying crackdown for the beta just so they get a chance to play it. Its one way to sell a game and also alot of gold accounts.

Ill wait until the game is out and buy it. I do like crackdown and want to buy it but ill wait for Halo 3 to come out before id possibly buy Live Gold. Still dont like the idea having to pay a subscription fee to play online games as well as paying for broadband and a telephone line. MY PC is still my online gaming machine and my Xbox 360 is for offline.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Online for the 360 is great, it's much better done than the PS3 is currently and leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 one. TBH it's not all that expensive, less than the price of a game for a years subscription, well worth it IMO.

Just watched the beta video and it's got me excited, can't wait to play it.

11. chrisuk

chrisuk What's a Dremel?

Without turning this into a thread about the merits of a subscription-oriented online games service, I still believe XBL:Gold provides serious value for money considering the ease of use, quality of service and integration with other services. Ok, you can probably get a similar setup on the PC using various bits of software - but I would hazard a bet that they don't provide the integration live does. But anyway.

Obviously giving this out with Crackdown is purely a sales thing, but can you blame them? I bet its shifted a few more units because of it.

Tags: Add Tags