Apple MacBook Hard Drive Upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by Orca, 6 May 2007.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

After upgrading to 2GB of RAM I'm thinking of upgrading my stock 60GB to something larger, maybe 100GB or 120GB. I was searching through this forum and found a few threads mentioning a certain Seagate drive at 7200rpm? But I was worried about heat and noise issues.

I saw this: Click

Too good to be true? I don't mind 5400rpm to be honest... doing fine with the stock one at the moment and just looking for more storage but don't want a loud one either.

edit: whoops sorry, changed the link to a sata one.

Last edited: 6 May 2007
  2. seebul

seebul Minimodder

I dont think that hard drive is SATA which is what you need for macbooks...

Changing them is pretty easy though done a couple and they just pull straight out. Also i wouldnt recomend going for 7200RPM your battery would take a nasty hit.

3. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

That should work fine. Its really easy hardware wise to swopout.

If you have an external drive, you can make a clone using superduper to the external, then swop internals, boot off the external, clone from external - new drive, then you are sorted.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

With the google checkout its only £36.78 with super saver postage and google checkout. Been meaning to boost the drive space on my macbook since I bought it two months ago. Might actually do this and dual boot with vista.

Tags: